Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

non stop bleeding for 7months!!

(5 Posts)
selfishmum Wed 01-Dec-10 17:04:08

I'm just asking this in the hope that someone else might have experienced this. It's really getting me down.

I had my last depo injection in Nov 09. I had a copper coil put in Jan 10. I had no bleeding at all for several months - nurse said this is quite normal after depo.

In May I started bleeding and I've not stopped since. Every single day for 7mths!
I've had blood tests, hormone tests, internal tests, an internal scan which are all showing perfectly normal.

Doc put me on the pill temporarily for 3mths to see if that would regulate things - it's made no difference.

Doc gave me tablets to temporarily stop my periods, didn't work, just bled whilst on them.

I've still got copper coil in. Doc keeps saying to 'give it time'. How much longer can it go on for?

Am feeling very fed up and sick of doctors saying 'oh, we just don't know, it might be this, it might be that, let's wait and see'...realise they can't have all the answers.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

21again Wed 01-Dec-10 17:08:20

Iv had the mirena in for 16months and have bled constantly..spotting to bleeding then spotting again..I have had tests like you and do have endo but the next step they say is the novasure procedure but Iv already cancelled that op once....its a nightmare..

selfishmum Wed 01-Dec-10 17:13:59

never heard of a novasure procedure...

have you still got your mirena coil in?

sarahscot Wed 01-Dec-10 22:06:27

Fibroids?

selfishmum Thu 02-Dec-10 11:35:13

wouldn't fibroids show up on an internal scan?

I had an internal scan and was told that my 'insides' are textbook healthy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: