Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ouch, my fecking tongue won't stop bloody hurting

(3 Posts)
PatTheHammer Tue 30-Nov-10 22:03:36

Please help,

Had a really sore tongue for about a week now and it is really annoying me as it hurts when it touches something (i.e teeth, gum, roof of mouth). Well, you know how hard it is to keep your tongue from touching anything else in your mouth!

It looks normal, but the tip is really sore (we used to call them 'lying spots' when we were younger......well its like a massive one of those all over the tip although I can't see it IYSWIM).

The sides are also painful and there is a patch further back that is irritating too.

Also if i bite it gently my saliva tastes a bit weird.

Anyone else get this? What the feck is it, an infection? Any tips for getting rid or shall I just get down the GP's?

Was kinda hoping it would just go away as I don't like taking antibiotics (they don't agree with me and I always get thrush) but it doesn't feel any bettersad

Bearcat Tue 30-Nov-10 22:11:17

How about asking your dentist.
Probably more of a mouth expert than a GP.

PatTheHammer Tue 30-Nov-10 22:17:17

Thanks Bearcat, I am currently on the waiting list for a local NHS dentist as I had to leave my crippling expensive private one as I am too poorsad. I am still on their list but they would charge a small fortune for a consultation. I suppose I could see the emergency dentist if it gets worse

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: