Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know what it means when a G.P asks a consultant to have an appointment extradited ??

(12 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Tue 30-Nov-10 17:35:31

DD (13) was referred to a consultant at the begiunning of August because of Scoliosis.

We were orginally told she faced a wait of 14 weeks, which has been and gone and then kept being told that they didn't know how long she'd wait.

I went back to my gp last week and she was not impressed and said she would chase it up. Since then the practice have been told that dd won't get an appointment til February at the earliest.

However the surgery have now left me a message today saying that the gp has written to the consultant asking for dd's appointment to be extradited, but they don't explain what this means.
The message just said that hopefully this would get her seen sooner.

Anyone have any idea what it means ??

TheOriginalNutcracker Tue 30-Nov-10 17:36:33

Just making dinner so will comment on replies later smile

Colourful Tue 30-Nov-10 17:36:56

Expedited. They have asked for it to be speeded up.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 30-Nov-10 17:37:00

Was it expedited? That means to speed it up, ie; get seen sooner.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 30-Nov-10 17:37:13

It means the GP secretary calls the consultant secretary and changes the priority of the appt from 'routine' to 'urgent' which generally means within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps

Goingspare Tue 30-Nov-10 17:38:10

'Expedited' I should think - speeded up, brought forward. She should be seen sooner.

TheOriginalNutcracker Tue 30-Nov-10 17:38:14

Ah ha thank you. I did think that extradited was the wrong word, but thats what she said on the message LOL.

That's brilliant news then smile

LilRedWG Tue 30-Nov-10 17:38:27

I think whoever left the message meant expedited - that is, sped up/hurried along.

LilRedWG Tue 30-Nov-10 17:39:16

Blimey - many xps - took me a while to type my message obviously.

blatnice Tue 30-Nov-10 17:39:50

Surgery probably meant to say expedited I would guess - ie simply that they asked the consultant to speed things up as far as possible! Hope it works - these things can take forever so it's good you have a supportive GP who is willing to help apply pressure.

Goingspare Tue 30-Nov-10 17:43:42

Either we're all right, or the venue of the appointment is to be moved to Guantanamo Bay.

TheOriginalNutcracker Tue 30-Nov-10 20:00:39

LOL goingspare. Right now I would go whereever it took to get dd seen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now