Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone out there with RSD/CRPS ?

(3 Posts)
CMOTdibbler Tue 30-Nov-10 10:40:36

I've just been diagnosed with CRPS following wrist and hand injury. Fortunatly my physio has been doing lots of desensitisation stuff and acupuncture so the pain levels have reduced from where it was, but it is very sensitive and cold is not good at all.

Is there any good UK support ? Good sites for coping advice ? Anything really !

GreenPartridge Tue 30-Nov-10 12:31:54

Hi, You might like to try a chiropractor. I am a chiro here and we have some success treating these sort of problems. Often spinal problems go un-diagnosed in hand conditions as the spine seems remote from the area of pain. The hand nerves go through the neck of course. Any spinal joint problems in the neck can irritate the nerves that go to the hand and make symptoms there worse. There is also an issue of the way the brain integrates the pain messages and neck treatment may help this too.

We work well with physio and the 2 forms of care complement each other well. (we have a physio in our clinic).
If you want to try a chiropractor go to www.chiropractic-uk.co.uk to find a good one. Good luck.

CMOTdibbler Tue 30-Nov-10 13:41:42

Thanks Green, but the source of the nerve irritation is all too obvious in my case being my smashed carpal bones/ muscle necrosis/damaged and severed nerves. So its all a bit complex.

My physio is brilliant, and has really helped down regulate my over active nerves

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: