Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

sore lymph node

(12 Posts)
nineyearoldsarerude Mon 29-Nov-10 22:18:53

I have a really sore lump between my ear and the side of my head. I have googled and it seems to probably be an enlarged lymph node (maybe due to a scalp infection).
I have got a doctor's appointment for Weds but am feeling quite a wuss about waiting that long (it is sore to turn my head etc).

I am worried it could turn to something more serious if I don't get it attended to, could someone reassure me that I won't be dead before Wednesday?

nineyearoldsarerude Mon 29-Nov-10 23:11:20

Worried bump.

gingerwig Mon 29-Nov-10 23:16:16

You won't be dead by Wednesday and the lump will probably be smaller smile

nineyearoldsarerude Mon 29-Nov-10 23:17:08

Thank you ginger, I can sleep well now!

Goingspare Mon 29-Nov-10 23:24:15

DD has had painful, swollen single lymph nodes on a couple of occasions and has lived to tell the tale.

Googling swollen lymph nodes is not a good idea (obviously I've done it), but a painful swelling is likely to be an infection.

nineyearoldsarerude Mon 29-Nov-10 23:28:10

Thanks Goingspare, with two positive replies I think I will go to bed now! (I do need to see the doc though don't I?)

Goingspare Tue 30-Nov-10 09:49:49

You do, yes.

gingerwig Tue 30-Nov-10 18:35:27

hey niney, how's the lump today?

nineyearoldsarerude Tue 30-Nov-10 20:11:12

Thanks for asking. Well, it turned out I didn't sleep well after all. Couldn't get comfortable whichever way I laid my head and finally got to sleep at about 5am. Got my appointment bumped to today though and have started my antibiotics. Lump still big and sore but hopefully I can recreate my 5am sleeping position and sleep properly tonight. And hoping like mad the drugs work soon!

Goingspare Tue 30-Nov-10 20:52:45

Glad you've got your antibiotics. Sleep well!

nineyearoldsarerude Wed 01-Dec-10 14:28:49

I did (well, much better anyhow)! Glad I went to the doctor yesterday as today we can hardly move for the snow.

gingerwig Wed 01-Dec-10 23:55:42

hurray!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: