Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Wierd period type bleeding

(9 Posts)
probablytmi Mon 29-Nov-10 19:26:11

I have an 11mo DC, born vaginally, assisted by an episiostomy. I had two stitches and healed quickly.

I am still bfing, but DC isn't really taking very much. My periods returned when DC was 9mo.

I'm 99.9999999% sure I'm not pregnant.

I had a normal period, then 36 days later, another normal one. Then last week, 24 days after that, a bleed. Popped in mooncup, hardly anything, and it went watery quickly, with bits in. Stopped again, then started. Was very light at the weekend so DH and I had sex on Saturday night (with a condom). OMG blood everywhere. It was bright red as well, rather than the slightly darker colour my period blood is usually.

Mooncup back in. Yesterday, a few drops and a bit of watery discharge. Some blood on wiping. Took it out, nothing this morning. Went for a poo this evening and the bright red blood is back and I worked out that generally I was getting it when I was pooing, so pushing down. I have piles but it is definitely not from the rear end.

My mooncup sits quite high, so I wondered if blood was pooling at the top of my vagina and then coming down when I push? It is the colour that worries me - fresh blood.

I also wondered if it could be some kind of vaginal fissure? Surely this would be very very painful though. I'm in no pain at all.

Or is it just my periods being weird because they've just restarted and I'm bfing.

And advice much appreciated as I'm worried that it is something sinister.

whysolate Mon 29-Nov-10 20:03:46

I would get an appointment with your GP. It's probably nothing to worry about.

I had a similar thing, irregular bleeding, bleeding after intercourse, it turned out to be a cervical ectopy/erosion. I had no other symptoms apart from the bleeding. I had cryotherapy and I've been fine since.

I hope this puts your mind at rest a bit smile but please get checked out.

probablytmi Mon 29-Nov-10 22:35:55

Thanks whysolate I knew that the answer would be to go to the GP, but hoped someone would come on and tell me it was just wierd bfing periods. I've had enough of people staring up my fanjo, but I'll book an appt tomorrow.

whysolate Tue 30-Nov-10 07:28:41

LOL! I know how you feel! But it's just one of those things that is too important to leave or self-diagnose. I hope you get on ok.

EnnisDelMar Tue 30-Nov-10 07:35:17

I think you need to get seen just to rule out ectopic as well, but it sounds more like a cervical issue from a very lay POV.

Hope it's easily sorted.

probablytmi Tue 30-Nov-10 17:58:13

Right, this morning I got up and an actual period has most definitely started. Usual amount of blood, usual darker colour, a bit of cramping. Its not eased up over the day either. It's now day 30 of my cycle, so much more likely to be the actual day 1 of the next one.

I also had a twinge in my lower left side for some of the morning which was similar to when I had an ovarian cyst, so I'm wondering whether that has made my cycle a bit screwy. I will POAS though, to definitely rule out ectopic.

Given the GP is not going to thank me for asking her to furtle round my fanjo when I'm in full flow, as it were, I'm going to leave it for a couple of days to see what happens.

probablytmi Tue 30-Nov-10 18:02:09

Oh, and if POAS = +ive, I will get myself to A&E! I'm really not expecting it to be though.

whysolate Tue 30-Nov-10 18:19:24

I bet you feel drained with bleeding so much! Yeah, maybe best to leave it a few days, she won't be able to see anything anyway.If you're worried though it still would hurt to tell her what's been going on.

silverfrog Tue 30-Nov-10 18:24:44

POAS might not rule out ectopic though.

I tested negative for mine 4 hours befor elife saving surgery (was about to rupture)

you need to go to the docs, and get referred for a scan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: