Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Usual for chest infection?

(6 Posts)
Alocin Fri 26-Nov-10 18:56:58

I've never had anything respiratory wrong in my life, not so much as a throat tickle and am now on erythromycin as well as amoxycillin for a chest infection (diagnosed on Monday after 10 days unwell thinking i had flu). I might be coughing slightly less but am just as exhausted - managing about 1 hour of usual daily activity sleeping or lying on sofa for rest of time - feeling very low. Surely I should be feeling better by now?

topsi Fri 26-Nov-10 19:32:24

How long have you been on the abx for?
I think having no energy goes hand in hand with a chest infection. Take it easy and plenty of fluids! It will prob take you a while to feel 100% again.
I had a mild one a few weeks ago and it was horrid, I just think there are some nasty bugs around this year,
Take care, hope you feel better soon.

Alocin Fri 26-Nov-10 19:40:34

Been taking amoxcyllin since Monday and the other one since yesterday. Am gobsmacked about lack of energy though!

riojaguzzler Sat 27-Nov-10 19:42:39

I've got it too! Got some antibiotics on Monday, went back to work yesterday and feel terrible still! Tried some Christmas shopping today but couldn't stay out. I think chest infections just take a while to shift. Hope you feel better soon!

CrossWhy Sat 27-Nov-10 21:51:20

Perfectly normal I'm afraid. Just rest and completing all the antibiotic courses are going to help.

RockinRobinBird Wed 08-Dec-10 10:59:04

Glad I found this, I thought I was going mad. Am 3 days into anti biotics for a chest infection which I thought was flu. I'm still coughing a lot although I guess I am slowly and gradually feeling better but I have no energy, none at all. I don't know what to do. I just stood at the door while the Tesco man brought the bags in and it took all my strength to sign his form and run to the sofa before I passed out. I've never felt like this before and don't seem to be getting any stronger. Am also v slightly pg so worried about that too.

Any tips. It has really knocked me for six and I can't see any way I'll be back at work next week

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: