Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gastroentiritis

(3 Posts)
Catnao Fri 26-Nov-10 13:18:53

I became ill on Saturday - puking, constant diarroeha, generally grim. The puking stopped on Monday, but not the lovely other. I thought I was feeling much better yesterday, so I went in to work (I am a teacher) today - and lasted till 10 oclock before the stomach cramps again became unbearable, and since I got home, it seems my good friend diarroeha has changed its mind and wishes to return to me. How long is this likely to go on? I am very miserable indeed.

WherecanIhide Sat 27-Nov-10 18:09:49

That's really grim. Hopefullu you're feeling better by now. x

CrossWhy Sat 27-Nov-10 22:25:02

Immodium, two capsules then one capsule after each loose bowel movement, maximum 8 in 24 hours.

Alternatively nothing to eat for 24 hours then 24 hours just easting boiled rice (no herbs and no spices).

What has probably happened is you have had a virus that has totally messed your gut up. Unfortunately your gut now having cleared the virus hasn't reset to it's normal pattern so needs some help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now