Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

EU Herb Directive to ban purchase of all herbs in the UK

(5 Posts)
SafetyFirst Fri 26-Nov-10 01:33:09

The Eu Directive comes into force in April
After that all products such as St Johns Wort will disappear from the shelves.
Only licensed products will be able to be prescribed by herbalists.
Many products have not got a license because of the cost and ridiculous rules to get one

If you are concerned about this attack on our freedom to choose to look after our own health then please donate to the Alliance for Natural Health who are raising funds to take a legal challenge to the EU
http://www.anh-europe.org/news/anh-press-release-a nh-set-to-challenge-eu-herb-law

ppeatfruit Sun 28-Nov-10 20:44:44

I read that it was any herbs that haven't been on the shelves for 30 years (the directive is probably 1000s of pages long and difficult to interpret) Iam very concerned.

ppeatfruit Sun 28-Nov-10 20:49:25

We discuss it on the Food topic under Are Supermrkts getting too greedy? It's another attack on our freedom by the greedy conglomerates. Democracy? Huh.

ChilledChick2 Sun 28-Nov-10 22:08:30

I'm being daft because I'm tired, but does that mean things like fenugreek tablets etc, will be removed from the shelves? Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me.

ppeatfruit Wed 01-Dec-10 16:53:27

Chilled Chick I THINK it only applies to herbs that haven't been in use for 30 yrs. so fenugreek should be okay as I said it's very confusing though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now