Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

could this be a uti?

(8 Posts)
aweeproblem Thu 25-Nov-10 19:13:48

Can urine infections cause slight
incontinence.
Sorry for teh graphic description below!
For the last couple of weeks i've been a little wet.
I think its wee rather than discharge but all of a sudden i feel a little trickle.
I don't seem to ahve any other symptoms but a couple of weeks ago I did have a day where i felt like I constantly wanted to wee... followed by my period next day... since my period i've noticed this dampness.
ANy ideas??

aweeproblem Thu 25-Nov-10 21:20:34

a little bump! Thanks

A1980 Thu 25-Nov-10 21:24:02

Not sure. Any other symptoms? Burning while peeing, peeing more frequently than normal?

I had a nasty UTI last year and that left me with urge incontinence for a few weeks afterwards. When I had to go, I had to go. I was like a 2 year old, as soon as i felt the urge to wee I literally had to sprint to the loo or I wouldn't make it. I got some funny looks at work! Thank god that stopped.

Are you sure it isn't discharge?

aweeproblem Thu 25-Nov-10 21:47:43

Maybe peeing more than normal, but maybe i'm making sure i go more than normal because i'm worried about accidents iykwim.

I don't get an urge, all of a sudden i'm just a lttle wet (sorry TMI but i don't know how else to describe it).

It has only started since my last period (finished saturday) & I had some symptoms of UTI for a day or so before my period. Urge to go but couldn't, discomfort just before & after, a sort of fizzing feeling iykwim... really hard to explain.

aweeproblem Thu 25-Nov-10 21:54:41

No i'm not completely sure that it isn't discharge, if so its very watery... sorry again, this is a horrid subject isn't it. now you can see why i namechanged.

A1980 Thu 25-Nov-10 22:43:43

Can you find out where it's coming from. If you don't feel the urge to pee before it happens then perhaps it is discharge.

In any event you've had it for 2 weeks, I'd go to the GP.

aweeproblem Fri 26-Nov-10 13:05:49

Thanks A1980, I've made an appnt with my gp.
What a delightful conversation that will be

A1980 Fri 26-Nov-10 21:29:22

I wouldn't worry, GP's have heard everything. But that doesnt' make it any less embarassassing for us though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now