Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chickenpox, pregnancy, a few questions!

(4 Posts)
TaperJeanGirl Wed 24-Nov-10 10:32:57

Right, so I am almost 12 weeks pregnant, dd2 goes off to nursery this morning and when I get home I have a text message from the nursery to say that one of the children has chicken pox, none of my dc have had it, but I def have, so my unborn baby isnt at risk, right? Also, I have to go to the hospital for a scan/booking in appointment/bloods on friday, now even if none of my dcs are showing any signs of spots, they could still be infectious, right? As I was going to take ds to the hospital with me, but obviously wont if he is potentially infectious....sorry, I am rambling, just wanted to check, I really should know all this by now!

lexxity Wed 24-Nov-10 10:40:39

If you have had it you'll be fine. The week I found out I was pregnant my Son caught chicken pox. They are infectious until the last spot scabs over. This took over two weeks for my son, so I was off work with him the whole time! The hospital confirmed it would be absolutely fine as I had had it already.

I'm now 40 weeks and one of the kids in his class has got chicken pox. Called the hospital yesterday and they said it was fine, just needed reassurance.

I wouldn't take your little one to the hospital with you though, assume that he is infectious and it's better to avoid too much contact with others. Watch out for cold symptoms in your LO as this could be a pre-curser to the actual chicken pox. Although my Son didn't have any indication, just one great big spot one day and covered head to toe the next.

TaperJeanGirl Wed 24-Nov-10 16:59:31

Thank you, I did think that was the case but just wanted to check, and I def wont be taking any of the dc to hospital with me, just in case smile

Whelk Wed 24-Nov-10 20:45:15

My dd1 had CP while I was 18 weeks pg with dd2 and I didn't get it so if you are immune you will be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now