Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I love DH dearly but I hate his illness

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 21-Nov-10 22:26:29

It makes him grumpy & tired & bad tempered

Grrr

weepootle Sun 21-Nov-10 22:31:28

Is it Crohn's by any chance?

KatyMac Sun 21-Nov-10 22:32:33

Chronic lung disease

I feel so 'on-edge'

weepootle Sun 21-Nov-10 22:35:30

God that sounds awful. I feel for you as my dh's illness makes him the same which is totally out of character for him- it's like living with a different person. I just keep hoping that when he actually comes to terms with it he'll get back to normal.

KurriKurri Sun 21-Nov-10 22:36:13

katy - I hear what you are saying it must be very hard. (We have been in a similar situation, but I have been the ill person, DH in your position). I've often thought a thread for those living with and caring for people with chronic illnesses might be a good idea.

I don't know what your Dh's illness is, but I do remember reading that he's been in hospital recently and know you have been coping with your DD as well. So it is not surprising you feel a bit stressed and fed up sometimes. But I read your posts and think you sound like a great partner to your DH, and a fab mum smile

KurriKurri Sun 21-Nov-10 22:37:20

x posted - apologies

KatyMac Sun 21-Nov-10 22:41:34

Most of the time is OK - but sometimes

KatyMac Mon 22-Nov-10 21:47:22

Bit better today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now