Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Injection in bottom gone wrong

(10 Posts)
alypaly Sun 21-Nov-10 21:22:56

I have just been in hospital for 2 weeks with really bad stomach pains and severe nausea.
I have come home several injections later to find that one of the injections in my bum has caught my sciatic nerve and it seems to be getting worse each day.
I am going to make a formal complaint to the hospital but i dont know how to prove it. I know which nurse it was and she stuck it in the middle of my bum rather than the outer top quadrant. She was such a grumpy nurse and it was commented on by several patients. I have read some awful things on sciatic nerve damage being permenant.

Has anyone else had this happen to them

herbietea Sun 21-Nov-10 21:26:12

Message withdrawn

alypaly Sun 21-Nov-10 22:31:13

hi herbie....did you realise at the time that the nurse had put it in the wrong place. did yours get worse before it got better. how painful was yours when it happened,can you remember....dont know how long ago it was when you were 20 smile

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 13:58:45

saw my gp today and she has documented that she could see where the injection had been given. She could still see the needle point entry and could see that it was obviously in the wrong area.

glad i went before the evidence had disappeared

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 18:39:14

herbie...at least your story has helped me to be a bit more optimistic. did yours just gradually get better over time or was there a time where you thought you had it for good.

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 18:45:12

she has put me on diclofenac but i dont hold out much hope if the needle has penetrated the sheath round the nerve.

if it doesnt get better she said i can have an MRI scan.

will check what she has written on my records tomorrow as she is a locum

OnlyWantsOne Mon 22-Nov-10 19:53:20

take a photo!!!!!!!

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 21:01:57

ive tried onlywantsone but it doesnt show on my camera.sad

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 21:02:14

angry

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 21:02:50

do you ever get the feeling that if something is going to go wrong,it always happens to you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: