Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The "I'm feeling a bit crap" thread

(7 Posts)
Kaloki Sun 21-Nov-10 21:07:31

Where we can whinge about feeling under the weather.

I've got this stupid cold that's going round and have lost my voice. So I'm being miserable and achy.

How are you?

Blatherskite Sun 21-Nov-10 22:00:48

DS and I are finally feeling better but DH and 11 month old DD are miserable with this bloody sore throat-aches-temperature-earache thing. Poor baby has no idea what to do with herself so just clings to me and does this mewling miserable cry if I attempt to put her down. Quite glad DH is ill just because he is home and gives me a break every now and again.

Bloody lurg angry

Hope you feel better soon

alypaly Sun 21-Nov-10 22:39:10

Kaloki i have been the same for over 10 days now. Woke up with a screamingly sore throat(whilst in hospital with tummy pains)....lost my voice and it hasnt come back yet. Coughing up gunk. all my joints ache from head to toe. Lost my appetite and cant be bothered doing anything as i feel so knackered. Been on antibiotics for 1 week but seem to have caught the flu on top of what i started with. I look like death warmed up.

is there alot of this fluey stuff going around. Its a real nasty one.
hope you guys are soon better

Kaloki Mon 22-Nov-10 13:59:07

Seems to have got everyone, this bug. Could barely breath last night, but think I'm just about ot start the coughing up gunk phase.

Could cope with it better if I didn't already have ongoing problems with my upper back, all the coughing is just aggravating it.

Hope it eases up for you soon alypaly, hope your DH and DD feels better soon too blatherskite

alypaly Mon 22-Nov-10 14:26:28

been to docs again today and although she said it isnt on my chest i am coughing up so much gunk. my head feels so full of mucus. i feel crap....lifeless and knackered. sick of coughing all night....need to sleep. feel as if i have feathers in my throat and chest...

Blatherskite Mon 22-Nov-10 15:00:10

DD having her worst day so far today sad

She's just crying constantly. I've finally managed to get her to sleep and she is laid out on the sofa. I daren't move her for fear of waking her.

It took me 2 weeks to get over this and she's only 4 days in. Just hoping she's better by next Monday as we're off to Center Parcs

Hope everyone else is feeling better

Kaloki Mon 22-Nov-10 15:05:52

Haven't actually been to docs yet, not sure whether I can ride this out, or if I should go.

I'm the same alypaly, it's horrible isn't it?

blatherskite your poor little DD, really hope she feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now