Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Quick question for anyone who has used a Canestan pessary

(14 Posts)
chessboard Thu 18-Nov-10 19:57:30

Namechanger here. Sorry to ask but needs must and all that!

How long after using one does the chalky white stuff continue to ....er....appear?

Should I still be getting it 72 hrs later?

nickypomtimes Thu 18-Nov-10 19:58:13

yeah, a good few days ime

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 18-Nov-10 20:00:51

Yep - me too...

chessboard Thu 18-Nov-10 20:09:56

Thats a bit of a relief as it almost seems to be worse IYSWIM.

<<crosses fingers that it will clear eventually>>

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 18-Nov-10 20:28:16

chess have you tried the one step tablet? It used to be called Diflucan but when I asked for this in Boots they didn't know what I was talking about! Canestan do one and there is a Boots own version. I think the tablet is generally more effective...

Hassled Thu 18-Nov-10 20:30:12

It dribbles out in a chalky unpleasant way for days. Gobsmacking how much dribble one pessary can become.

A1980 Thu 18-Nov-10 23:54:07

Totally normal. That's why I never used it again. Diflucan all the way.

higgle Fri 19-Nov-10 10:14:09

I had a recurrent problem for months after starting HRT the pessary only calmed it down a bit, the one step tablet anhilated it overnight - much better.

MaryBS Fri 19-Nov-10 10:19:17

I prefer the tablet too. Incidently, its possible to buy them very cheaply online from a proper chemist - chemistdirect (no, I don't work for them, but I think I only paid about £1 for a generic tablet!)

lilyliz Thu 25-Nov-10 18:28:01

thanks MaryBS for the tip.I can't use the cream as it burns my skin(not nice and very burny in such a delicate place)

CarolineWestoll Thu 25-Nov-10 21:16:07

Have you tried using Biocare Intrafresh pessaries to help treat the cause of the issue. Taking a probiotic is also very good way of helping prevent it coming back.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 25-Nov-10 21:20:16

Yes, dribbles out for days. I had forgotten about the thing on the third day and accused DH of surprising me in the night. grin

onepieceoflollipop Thu 25-Nov-10 21:22:26

lily I once had a terrible reaction to the cream but thought it was the thrush getting once so kept putting loads more on. blush

Went to see the (thankfully female GP) who winced visibly when she examined me and looked near to tears.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 25-Nov-10 21:23:30

Four days over here. hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: