Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Is there any way of getting rid of a coldsore quickly?

(3 Posts)
TinselinaBumSquash Thu 18-Nov-10 07:49:36

I had a 'make over' at Boots yesterday, i came away looking lovely but after a few hours i felt the familiar tingling of a coldsore (probably from the tester Lipstick or lip pencil) i couldn't go and get anything for it there and then as all the shops were shut.
I have woken up with a whopper of a coldsore sad

Does anyone know which topical treatment is best for shortning them time before it goes away?

MrsVincentPrice Thu 18-Nov-10 08:04:27

I swear by a thick paste of instant coffee granules fir as long as you can manage. Crazy but sometimes works in an emergency.

DELHI Thu 18-Nov-10 12:55:14

Don't know about coffee granules. The Compeed patches are effective i think, they stop it spreading and seem to help it heal quicker. they don't look that great tho' despite what the advert says. Otherwise lashings of Zovirax cream

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: