Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ingrowing hair on face, can this be?

(5 Posts)
dietqueen Tue 16-Nov-10 21:32:46

I have this huge/enormous lump on my jaw line...not sure if its an ingrowning hair.

At first I thought it was a painful spot but now its a hard moveable lump...had it 2 day

indigobarbie Tue 16-Nov-10 21:58:42

Yes, it could be. Think I actually might get a couple of these, it feels like lots of hard skin has built over a spot, or something. During pregnancy my face seemed to grow extra hairs

dietqueen Wed 17-Nov-10 22:01:36

still got this and its very hard. have tried o squeeze it bit not able to get to it so to speak

what can I do?

indigobarbie Thu 18-Nov-10 20:00:46

What about trying a hot face cloth over it for a wee while? Might help? Or else what about using oxy or something similar to see if that could speed up the healing? I have been known to pick mine, and it doesn't really help very much. Eventually they are squeezable but, after a lot of pressure to see if anything will come out

sandripples Thu 18-Nov-10 20:06:56

I used to get these - I could see the offending hair beneath the skin. I sterilised a needle and sort of dug it out!! I'm sure this is not to be recommended but it worked....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: