Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Just started with D&V do I send DS into school

(10 Posts)
Magna Mon 15-Nov-10 06:42:22

DH started last night, me this morning

Do I ask someone to take DS1 into school, there is no way I would do it or should I just keep him at home today. Sorry my head isn't with.it please help MNers

belgo Mon 15-Nov-10 06:43:49

If he isn't ill, then send him to school, but ask someone else to take him.

Get well soon!

TanteRoseAliveAndKicking Mon 15-Nov-10 06:53:54

I would keep him at home - no-one would thank you when/if he starts throwing up at school...

belgo Mon 15-Nov-10 06:56:18

He might not get sick tanterose.

Should the whole family stay at home when one or two members are sick?

PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Nov-10 07:00:07

If it is possible to get someone else to collect him and take him, then take him, it might be that you ate something dodgy? But, if you don't have anyone available to take him, keep him home and do not sweat it, one day in the grand scheme of things is not going to make him suffer. Although you and dh could possibly do with the break as a bored child when you are unwell is Hell on Earth.

We had the V part last week, DD was unwell on the monday morning (2am) and so we had to keep her off for two days as per the 'rules' and she was bouncing the walls by tuesday, we could do nothing as DH and I were both quite poorly with it and had baby to look after too.

Magna Mon 15-Nov-10 07:25:04

Thank you I have got a friend to take DS1 in to school

TheGrumpalo Mon 15-Nov-10 07:37:00

You've done the right thing, he may not get ill and it will give you a chance to get a bit of rest.
Get well soon!

Magna Mon 15-Nov-10 19:46:41

Just to say thank you for helping me out this morning.

DS1 went to school and was fine <fingers crossed for tomorrow> but DS2 only 2.4mo started 10mins after he left - I did call the school straightaway after this and they were happy for DS1 to stay.

Thanks again

PavlovtheCat Mon 15-Nov-10 20:39:19

are you feeling better ? its absolutely horrid when the kids are sick and so are the adults.

Magna Mon 15-Nov-10 20:45:35

Yes just feel drained. DH feeling yuck still but DS2 bounced back about 6.30 tonight even managed to eat. Children amaze me at least they are asleep now. Just finishing the last load of washing then off to bed for me.

Hope your all back to fighting fit now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: