Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this thrush or something else?

(6 Posts)
questions Sun 14-Nov-10 14:04:58

Name changer here.

After some energetic sex with DP(using a condom BTW which might be relevant) just over a week ago I had sore and swollen inner labia.

The swelling seems to have gone but I've got a lot of discharge. The thing is its not your usual thrush type (cottage-cheesey, lumpy etc) but more of a watery type and a milky colour. Sorry, TMI I know.

No itching but maybe a slight occasional soreness now and again.

Can thrush still present like this?
Or have I had a reaction to condoms (usually OK, used same brand etc) or toiletries?
Or was it just caused by irritation during extended sex (the condom did feel a bit dry and unlubricated by the end IYSWIM)

I hope name change works blush

ovumahead Sun 14-Nov-10 15:48:34

I have no idea. Perhaps try speaking to a medical professional, or taking a thrush treatment to see if it clears up? Poor you!

topsi Sun 14-Nov-10 15:56:17

Latex condoms irritate me and often make me sore and bring on about a dose of thrush. I have tried the non latex ones which are better but a bit ££. I would treat it s thrush and see what happens.

questions Sun 14-Nov-10 17:04:46

Thanks for your replies -I think I might treat as thrush in the first instance as it can't do any harm can it, (and might save me from having a GP poke around my fanjo blush)

topsi -do you get a reaction from latex condoms every time or just occasionally? Its just I've never had a problem before.

questions Wed 17-Nov-10 18:49:23

I'm back for more advice.

I used a Canestan pessary on Tues bedtime but as of yet there doesn't seem to be a massive improvement although its a bit difficult to tell as discharge is now chalky white 'cos of the pessary -sorry for TMI again.

Still got slight burning feeling at times but no itching or smell.

I'm starting to worry about STDs now. DP had unprotected sex with a one-off one night stand a while ago and although we're using condoms I guess its still possible I have caught something??? He has been intending to get tested but hasn't yet cos we live miles from the nearest clinic and cos hes obviously scared/embaressed.

We are working through things generally and have been doing well but this is freaking me out a bit.

I'm really dreading going to the GP as they will ask questions about likelihood of an STD and I feel so raw about what happened still.

ovumahead Thu 18-Nov-10 21:21:48

If you're too embarrassed to go to your GP why don't you go to your nearest GUM clinic as they're really good - it's all they do all day, plus nothing goes on your health record. Everyone finds it embarrassing, but it sounds to me like you need to get this sorted ASAP, particularly if there is a risk of an STD. Take your DP as well. Does he know you're having these problems?

You won't regret it. It's been too long having these symptoms to wait any longer!

(And btw, having a one night stand then not getting tested because the clinic is 'too far' away sounds like the crappest excuse ever!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now