Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

in pain after having copper coil fitted

(6 Posts)
pud1 Sat 13-Nov-10 21:09:25

i had it fitted on wednesday and hardly felt it go in. i have has sharp period like pain ever since and i am starting to feel sorry for myself. did any one else get this type o fpain and how long did it go on for

reallytired Sat 13-Nov-10 21:11:48

I had a mirena and experienced similar pain. Your body is trying to get rid of a foreign object. If you are in really bad pain then its worth getting it checked.

pleasereassure Sat 13-Nov-10 21:19:11

Pud, I had a mirena fitted under a general anaesthetic (as they had to "find" the old one and remove it...long story) two days ago.
Yesterday morning I had actually labour pains and woke up to find the strings protuding from my vagina. The Doc has trimmed the strings but I have a scan next week to check its positioning.
The first coil I had gave me labour symptons also. Use paracetamol. But if you are worried then do request a scan to check that it hasn't moved into the neck of your cervix.

pud1 Sat 13-Nov-10 21:23:14

thanks. think i am going to book a check up. feel a bit sick with it too. have just checked the strings and i think they are in the right place. have been taking paracetamol.

biglips Sat 13-Nov-10 21:25:13

ive had mirena coil and was in no pain but then i had copper coil and was in bad pain for 24 hrs and then that was it. Best to check to make sure everything is ok.

pud1 Sat 13-Nov-10 21:28:37

thinking i should have gone for the mirena. if this is the level of pain now i dread my first period

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now