Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Pain in legs after surgery

(5 Posts)
Suzie1wong Wed 10-Nov-10 18:13:25

I had a rectocele operation 2 weeks ago,I now have pains in my legs,no swelling or hot to touch but hurts in my calves,not sure what it is,also pain on back!!!
Can anyone help?!?!?

KurriKurri Wed 10-Nov-10 18:24:58

Have you been laid up, or able to move around? have also just had an op. and am finding my legs get very achy if I lie down for too long.

Also achy legs/back might possibly connected to a urine infection?, - probably worth giving your surgery a ring and having chat with the GP.

Suzie1wong Wed 10-Nov-10 18:51:21

Ye I have been sat about,your probs right il give doctors a ring,could defo be an infection due to the kind of surgery it is.

Always get paranoid about legs lol with risk of dvt but have worn my stockings etc

Thanks

nightcat Wed 10-Nov-10 18:57:32

stocking or not, you are at risk of dvt after this type of surgery, I would go to have it checked

Suzie1wong Wed 10-Nov-10 19:23:25

Ye your right I will first thing

Thanks nightcat

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: