Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

PCOS and feeling weepy

(4 Posts)
siblingrivalry Wed 10-Nov-10 10:02:54

I have PCOS and until recently the imbalance of hormones tended to make me irritable/tired etc.

However, I am now 8 weeks on from last period and am finding that I could cry for England hmm

I cried at the trailer for the Pride of Britain awards, while watching a James Bond film (when the theme tune came on), looking at dd2's school photo and while watching a tv programme last night about Edwardian times.

Now, I am a bit of a softy, but I don't often 'let go' and cry, so this is really unusual for me.

Does anyone else find that PCOS does this to them? It's getting ridiculous -I could cry at the drop of a hat.

FreeButtonBee Wed 10-Nov-10 10:05:47

I get mad; pure raging hormonal mad. It's like super size PMT and then no bloody period. Subsides for a week or two then the same thing again. Poor DH just looks at me with bewilderment and tries to give me a hug while I stand rigid in his arms. Then I cry.

Am going to acupuncture next week as I am fed up and would love to try for a baby next year. 7 weeks and counting since my last period...

I feel your pain.

siblingrivalry Wed 10-Nov-10 10:10:43

Freebutton, I also get that -it's awful, isn't it?
I feel like I must be pure evil at times sad

I keep thinking "Oh, I feel really hormonal/crappy, my period must be about to start." But it doesn't.
6 months of PMT is my current record -bloody crazy.

Good luck with the acupuncture and TTC.x

A1980 Wed 10-Nov-10 22:47:50

I have it too. I have that when you get swollen, sore breasts, crampy, irritable, weepy and then you don't get your period for weeks on end.

Lately though I've had something I'm more worried about. I go weeks wihout a period but i get none of the PMS symptoms. I just get my period without any of it. Beginning to make me think I'm barren.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: