Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Everlasting tickly throat and cough

(6 Posts)
Fifichef Tue 09-Nov-10 11:39:06

Having had a long and hard look through the net it seems that I am not the only one being driven mad by this. It seems that it is very common for sufferers to have this for months or even years. Mine has been going for over 2 months now and I've tried everthing. Doctors have no sympathy as the've seen it in 100's. After 8 weeks I went to the doctor and was sent away with my tail between my legs, feeling that I was a bother. I was told what it could be - acid reflux from the stomach or mucous dribbling down the back of the throat from the nose. I know that it's none of these. The back of my throat is easily irritated and although not excessively inflamed I can feel that is a little raw and at times itchy and tickly. So there we are its not any bodily crap irritating it but the throat itself which is decidedly itchy!! Tell me please 'how I can bang it on the head' - I've spent the earth on nasal sprays, cough mixtures, cough sweets etc.

Furball Tue 09-Nov-10 11:44:33

manuka honey

tis expensive (£5+) but worth it

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 09-Nov-10 14:18:56

Message withdrawn

Fifichef Tue 09-Nov-10 20:22:17

Thanks for you comments - will definitely try the manuka honey as I haven't given that a go yet. I tried a course of antihistamines last week and felt fab while I was taking them but'it' returned again when I stopped.

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 09-Nov-10 20:24:42

Message withdrawn

Fifichef Tue 09-Nov-10 20:49:54

Thanks PixieOnaLeaf - will follow up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: