Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Angry, red, itchy and puffy rash on face

(6 Posts)
Schroeder Sun 07-Nov-10 16:24:41

I woke up this morning with a really itchy sore face it feels so hot and doesn't look to good eitherhmm.

I have suffered from excema before on my face, but it's usually only small patches near my eyes. This is over nearly my whole face from under my chin up to my eyebrows.

I took some piriton this morning which didn't help much. I really expected it to calm down in a couple of hours.

Is there anyone with any experience/advice? Please

cyb Sun 07-Nov-10 16:28:34

Allergy?

LeonardNimoy Sun 07-Nov-10 16:31:13

Have you changed anything at all? Shampoo, hair styling stuff, washing powder, moisturiser etc?

Schroeder Sun 07-Nov-10 16:45:04

No, no new products except washing powder, but it was the 2nd night I had worn those pyjamas and the rest of me is rash freeconfused

You know what's really weird- I was dreaming I was snogging someone with a beardgrin

sonsmum Tue 09-Nov-10 15:56:06

i suspect it may be the washing powder.....and it is the skin on your face that is the most delicate/susceptable to the ingrediants.
I'd switch back to your previous powder and in the meantimne try to calm down your skin.

Interestingly i am suffering from a bout of eyelid and eye socket eczema (has lasted a month so far).....never had this before in my life and have not been using any new products etc......so no idea what caused it.

You say you had eczmea near your eyes previously.....how was this treated? I am finding water then vaseline is helping a little. Each day it gets a little less red/puffy.
Just at a loss as to what to use as steroid cream is a complete no no in the eye area.

I was using oil of oilatum as this was great for my hands, and seemed to be ok on my face.....however since i have switched to just water/vaseline i am seeing more improvement and have ditched the oil of oilatum.

Schroeder Tue 09-Nov-10 20:10:25

Have been to the dr on Mon as it was even worse my lips and nose were swollen.shock He didn't think it was the washing powder, but I must admit I've got rid of it anyway. He gave me some strong antihistimines and hydrocortisone cream, my face is a lot better now, but still feels rough and looks a bit blotchy.

Anyway when I get excema near my eyes I use ultrabland cleanser from lush and maybe a dab of hc45 if it's really bad. Allergenics cream is good too(from the health food shop)

My dr told me it was ok to use a bit of hydrocortisone cream on the eye area as long as it's just for a few days.

I justify it to myself by saying that the excema itself damages my skin too and if I use the cream it clears up quickly so less damage in the long run.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: