Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is anyone else experiencing really bad hay fever at moment?

(11 Posts)
ArcticRoll Mon 19-Jul-10 12:02:02

..or have I just got a bad cold?
I have hayfever in May and June every year but never usually this late-just wondered whether it is still season.

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 19-Jul-10 15:08:46

Message withdrawn

ArcticRoll Mon 19-Jul-10 15:10:38

Beconase spray and anti histamine tablets.

vintage Mon 19-Jul-10 15:25:58

i used to have it really bad and then it stopped for years but is back again this year so it must be really high pollen count and i am in the pouring rain every day hmm

Lynli Mon 19-Jul-10 16:20:54

Yes terrible. I was convinced last week I was getting a cold. It went away but came back today. strangely it seems to be worse when it is raining.

ppeatfruit Mon 19-Jul-10 17:18:02

I used to get hay fever symptoms; now I don't eat dairy and I don't get any 'hay fever'If i do BANG hay fever!!

ThingOne Mon 19-Jul-10 21:03:44

Lucky you ppeatfruit. I don't eat dairy either but I still have very annoying hayfever.

BrightLightBrightLight Mon 19-Jul-10 23:18:51

Message withdrawn

gerontius Mon 19-Jul-10 23:19:56

Mine started halfway through May, then stopped unexpectedly a week and a half ago.

ladysybil Mon 19-Jul-10 23:27:05

i wasnt sure if the season was over, or if my new medication is absolutely fantastic. it seems it is.
a few weeks ago, i was drugged up to my eyeballs, and still barely functioning. couldnt concentrate on any task, couldnt breathe, was sure i shouldnt be driving. awful. went to see a kinesiologist and she told me to take something called hesperidin. five tablets a go, and another five when i felt symptoms coming on again. this, along with three zinc tablets twice a day. the hesperidin is expensive, 12 pounds for bottle of sixty and i used up two bottles in the first week, but, now dont need to be taking that many, and i honestly wasnt sure if the season was over, or not. absolutely fantastic stuff. go see a kinesiologist if you can. for me, they are worth every penny

ppeatfruit Tue 20-Jul-10 15:44:21

Thing.. you may have reactions to oranges or tomatoes or the deadly nightshade vegs. I follow the Blood type diet ;author Dr. peter D'Adamo and have no more hay fever symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now