Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No dirty nappy for 2 days, concerned

(8 Posts)
SalJxx Sat 20-Aug-05 14:16:57

My DS is 6 months old and I've not had a dirty nappy from him for 2 days now and i'm slightly worried. He's has water as well as his solids and milk and it's not like him to be this congested.

madmarchhare Sat 20-Aug-05 15:03:48

DS (20mos) has normally been very regular since he was born but from time to time we get the odd hicup. I wouldnt worry about it too much just at the moment. You could try a little diluted pure orange juice or prune juice to help things along a bit.

When he does get there it could look like rabbit droppings, again, dont worry.

If youre still concerned after a few days call your HV.

mommie Sat 20-Aug-05 16:32:43

just a word of warning....i read this piece in the new york times about a mum who gave her baby prune juice after 5 days of no dirty nappies, and there was this 'explosion' in his nappy on the subway. Apparently the poor babe made such a noise, that it even wondered itself where the sound had come from, and there was a bit of a s* storm. i suppose the moral is, prune juice and lots of preparation. ;)

Hattie05 Sat 20-Aug-05 17:51:39

Yes prune does wonders - i pureed some and mixed with apple. But i over did it gave her two helpings in one day and i think one would have been sufficient! There was about a teaspoon full at each serving.

SalJxx Sat 20-Aug-05 18:11:59

A friend recomended the prunes too so I him gave some at tea time and he really enjoyed them. Fingers crossed that they worked.

Flossam Sun 21-Aug-05 23:49:20

SMA constipated my baby and quite a few others on MN. If they are on that try switching.

jabberwocky Mon 22-Aug-05 00:19:04

Ds went through this as well. The only thing that really worked was the "P" diet - pears, prunes, peaches and peas. He would go 4 days in between but never seemed uncomfortable or straining to poo. It coincided with the introduction of solids. Rice cereal, bananas and apples can be constipating as it turns out.

mummyoffour Mon 22-Aug-05 01:16:49

may be constipation, my ds has suffered this since he was very young also even when he was eating and drinking okay and is now nearly two and still suffers, we took him to the doctors and he suggested Lactalose it works. But best thing is for you to seek advice from G.P as only you know your ds and what is right and what is wrong. Hope he feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now