Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bloody show down ...

(7 Posts)
MistressMary Fri 19-Aug-05 20:35:23

below and between periods.

I went to the gym yesterday and did some sit ups and other stuff that was recommended for me.

Got a jelly belly you see. Periods normal otherwise and not painful. Fell a bit sick with them though? No other upsets that I can think of.

Could it be that excercise that has upset something?

Anyone else had similar?

MistressMary Fri 19-Aug-05 23:00:56

anyone???

robinia Fri 19-Aug-05 23:10:22

Can't help myself but maybe try nhs direct - phone no. in directory.

Littlestarsweeper Sat 20-Aug-05 00:12:25

I trained as a fitness instructor and can tell you that this wouldnt normally give you troubles down below. In fact any cramps are normally eased with exercise. Im not sure exactly what you are saying. Did your period come on or you are experiences pain. The feeling sick will of been through lack of experience in breathing techniques when doing quite a tough exercise. Describe exercise and I might be able to offer an equally effective easier alternative.

MistressMary Sat 20-Aug-05 09:35:23

Sorry will clarify.
Experienced bloody show.
First time it's happened and I happened to do excercise earlier on in the day.
Wondered if there was a connection.
I was doing crunches on a gym ball.

Littlestarsweeper Sat 20-Aug-05 20:28:17

Hi there, sorry been out most of day.

Right then, well I have never had any experience of bleeding after abdominal exercise. Thats not to say that you shouldnt get this checked out. Damage shouldnt occur as a result of an abdominal crunch no matter how tough. Now, if you have a problem in the downstairs region the show of blood could be from the exertion of the exercise, what I mean is, certain muscles are relaxing and contracting in the pelvis region which with exertion could be expelling the blood caused by something else. Do get it checked in any case it could be highlighting another problem.

Gentler but just as effective exercise is a follows working the same muscles with less exertion.

Get on all fours (hands and knees), knees on the floor positioned directly under hips and your hands on the floor are positioned directly under your shoulders.

Keep your back as straight as you can being careful not to bow or arch. Now suck tummy in as hard as you can but still remember to breath. Start with holding tummy in for count of five and then release. repeat this 10 times. As you find it easier then hold for longer period and build it up. EXTREMELY effective with not much effort. See how you go.

MistressMary Sat 20-Aug-05 22:58:50

Thanks there for your help and I will see how it goes.
I have had no more show and I will see if it happens again after excercise. Will get it checked out for sure, anyhow.
Don't want anything underlying going ignored now.

Thanks for the reply again and alternative excercise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: