Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bach's Flower Remedies Question

(13 Posts)
GeorginaA Fri 19-Aug-05 18:04:51

While you're all about on the other thread, I was wondering for some flower remedy advice.

I know nothing about them, but wondered if it might be a route to try for a pick-me-up type thing. At the moment, I'm having a real lull in the day around 3pm where I'm so shattered I can hardly move. Yes, I know it's the pre-school children problem and that it could be improved with a good stretch of unbroken sleep (HA!), but given that that isn't negotiable, is there a Bach Remedy that could give me just a bit more energy to get me through that half hour every day, just until ds1's sleep patterns get themselves back to normal again? Please?

I'll try anything me

Nbg Fri 19-Aug-05 18:07:28

I've tried the rescue remedy and tbh I don't think it did anything for me but I did use it for a different situation to you and I have heard from other people that it really works and they keep a bottle in their bags at all times!

GeorginaA Fri 19-Aug-05 18:15:53

Ah, I thought that was more for shock/stress type stuff (see, I told you I knew nothing about them ) Will get some of that then, ta!

WigWamBam Fri 19-Aug-05 18:21:23

Have a look here . You could try Oak or Olive, depending on which description you feel suits your tiredness better.

Chocol8 Fri 19-Aug-05 18:28:11

Nbg - just out of interest, did you take Bach Remedy to calm you? I was told by a friend who swears by the stuff - but it just didn't work for me at all. In fact I was more jittery after taking it!

swiperfox Fri 19-Aug-05 18:29:51

I've just started using rescue rememdy for early pregnancy mood swings and find it fantastic, it doesn't do anything for my tiredness though, just disperses my foul temper!!!

GeorginaA Fri 19-Aug-05 18:41:52

Thanks WWB will try that.

Anyone got any other tips for chronic tiredness? Other than a cuppa (which doesn't seem to help, bizarrely)?

swiperfox Fri 19-Aug-05 18:45:05

Have you ever tried Berocca?

Nbg Fri 19-Aug-05 18:51:26

Chocol8,

Yes, I used it for flying.
Maybe it didn't work because I'm that frightened of it!

GeorginaA Fri 19-Aug-05 18:59:22

Berocca? Wassat then? (that's a no then, obviously!)

swiperfox Fri 19-Aug-05 19:01:26

Its effervescant (thats got to be the wrong spelling!) tablets that make a really nice orange drink and they give you a really good boost.

Definately wake you up!

GeorginaA Fri 19-Aug-05 19:04:33

Oooo that's got to be tried, if only for the novelty value.

colette Fri 19-Aug-05 19:06:33

I know it sounds horrible, but it is good - nettle tea. It is full of B vitamins. Also you may be feeling tired at 3pm because of low blood sugar so have healthy snacks throughout the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now