Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

should I take dd to the doctors?

(10 Posts)
bagpussmice Fri 19-Aug-05 09:01:04

this is the 2nd day of dd2 being quite grouchy and sensitive... she keeps rubbing her eye and yesterday her cheek round her eye looked swollen. Couldn't see any sign of anything in her eye. she's also been up every 2-3 hours for the last 2 nights and harder to settle than normal (she's a bad sleeper anyway, but had recently got better).
Do you think I should go to the Doctor's - she doesn't seem "ill" but not quite right - I don't want to waste their time. A guess is that it may be her back teeth coming through - she is 21 months, but not sure that this would be affecting her eye/high cheek area??

Tipex Fri 19-Aug-05 09:03:27

how does her eye look? is it bloodshot at all. does she have a temp, off her food etc? have you tried giving some calpol. if she perks up with this I'd hang on unless anything else changes, but if you are concerned, go with your gut feeling and get her checked out. You are not wasting time if as a mum you have worries about your child. Any GP should see a child same day if mum is worried.

bagpussmice Fri 19-Aug-05 09:11:07

thanks Tipex. Her actual eye looks okay, just a bit swollen round the side of it (it could be just where she is tired I suppose!)

Last night she was really hot, but it was very warm and muggy here anyway... I did give her 5ml of Calpol. Haven't given her any this morning yet. I think I will see how she goes on this morning then maybe take her this afternoon if she isn't any better.

mumtosomeone Fri 19-Aug-05 09:13:20

If you are worried take her. how old is she?

bagpussmice Fri 19-Aug-05 09:15:35

she is 21 months

mumtosomeone Fri 19-Aug-05 09:22:19

has she a temp? Give her another dose of calpol and keep an eye on her!

evesmama Fri 19-Aug-05 09:48:16

youd be better off taking her today to get her checked and explain your concerns cos its a bloody nitemare getting a 'normal' appointment on a weekend and at least you could have it sorted then?

mumtosomeone Fri 19-Aug-05 09:56:41

keep forgetting its friday! this week has flown!

bagpussmice Fri 19-Aug-05 12:48:27

she is asleep now but going to ring the Docs at 2.00 and see if I can get an appt for this afternoon...

mumtosomeone Fri 19-Aug-05 13:14:27

sleep is a good thing!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now