Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - Child friendly pub WITH BIG PUB GARDEN - is there one in CENTRAL LONDON?

(5 Posts)
puff Tue 16-Aug-05 21:38:47

We are meeting up with dh's 84 year old Aunt from the States tomorrow - she's staying at a hotel in Central London.

We'd like to have lunch with her, but don't fancy taking our 4 yr old and 2 yr old to a restaurant.

Are there any pubs with a big garden in central London?

mrsmerdle Tue 16-Aug-05 22:09:53

I can't think of one, but how about taking a nice picnic to Somerset House? There's a huge courtyard with tables and chairs and a fountain in the middle that's fantastic fun for kids to run around in (take swimsuits/change of clothes). It's my favourite place to meet up with friends with kids in central London.

There is a cafe for sandwiches and cakes if you don't want to take your own food but it's not brilliant.

snafu Tue 16-Aug-05 22:14:52

I can't think of a pub either. But in St James's Park there is a place called Inn the Park and they will provide you with hampers to take into the park and picnic with. Quite pricey, I would imagine but might be worth thinking about for something different. It also has a proper restuarant and a self-service cafe bit too. I'll try and find a link.

snafu Tue 16-Aug-05 22:19:15

Inn the Park

puff Tue 16-Aug-05 22:22:56

Knew I could rely on Mumsnet - we've booked Inn on the Park in St James' park - as it's been described as looking like the Teletubbies house, ds1 and 2 will be thrilled!!!!!!

Thankyou .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now