Talk

Advanced search

Getting a cab from the airport - help! (please!)

(7 Posts)
beansprout Tue 16-Aug-05 09:15:01

Will be travelling abroad with ds for the first time in a few weeks. He will be 10months. We would like to get a cab from Barcelona airport to the city but what do we do about a car seat? Ds is in the 2nd stage seat now so it will be too big to carry around. Is there any way of getting a cab or will we need to take the train?

Many thanks

elliott Tue 16-Aug-05 09:32:59

I took a cab from airport to our accommodation on holiday in Greece this year - with a 3.6 and 18 month old. There isn't really any way of having a car seat so you have to decide if you are prepared to risk it or feel that the train would be safer. (well, it would be safer undoubtedly - so it is down to you really)
I've taken occasional short taxi rides in the UK without car seats too - I don't feel particularly comfortable about it, but sometimes there's not a lot of option.

lucy5 Tue 16-Aug-05 09:54:36

How old is your child? If big enough you could take a booster seat and strap it on to your suitcase.

Chandra Tue 16-Aug-05 10:03:46

It's exactly the same as here, the same decision same unavailable seats in public transport. Having said that, in our last trip to France, our wonderful taxist had a family AND a fantastic car where you could pull out a toddler seat from one of the passenger seats!

geogteach Tue 16-Aug-05 10:25:06

Hi beansprout!
When we travel we take car seats if hiring a car when we get there otherwise use public transport, don't have experience of Barcelona but did it in Madrid with maclaren, buggy board, 2 kids and associated luggage, wasn't too bad they tended to have more lifts in underground stations than here and people were very willing to help if we needed to lift the buggy.
Have a good trip

beansprout Sun 21-Aug-05 16:03:33

Thanks for your advice everyone. Have been looking into taxis but child seats are not required in Spain, I have just been told I can carry ds (nearly 10 months) on my lap. Er, don't think so. Looks like the train/metro it is then!

LIZS Mon 22-Aug-05 09:31:25

tbh unless he is huge I'd revert to the baby car seat so that you at least have something to hand. Most go up to 13 or 15kg. If you are lucky he could sit in it on the plane too, assuming you can contrive an empty adjacent seat, although you'd have to hold him fortake off and landing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now