Talk

Advanced search

I'm an EasyJet virgin - help me please!

(7 Posts)
Legacy Mon 15-Aug-05 11:38:11

OK, we're travelling by EasyJet to Spain (Alicante) next weekend, and I'm suddenly starting to panic, as I've realised that I haven't a clue what to expect.

I know there's no food, but what about all the other stuff?

Do we have to check in REALLY early to have any chance of seats together?
Is it a free for all when you board the plane?
Are parents and kids allowed first (we will have our kids 3 & 6 plus Grandpa with us!)

Can people give me their hot tips/ experiences etc PLEEEASE...

We're going from Gatwick by the way...

essbee Mon 15-Aug-05 11:40:43

Message withdrawn

gingerbear Mon 15-Aug-05 11:43:46

Alicante is only a short flight (2 hrs?) No need for meal on plane. DH and I usually eat a huge breakfast before flying, just snack and drink water on the plane, then eat again when we get there. For early flights, I would take food and drinks rather than pay for in-flight stuff.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 15-Aug-05 11:46:26

Only flown within the UK with EasyJet and that was a free for all on the plane.... in April this year.

Echo the others - buy drink/snack before you board - not only are prices through the roof but you get not a lot for the moeny either!

We checked in 1.5 hours before flight just to be safe, but im like that anyway - my motto is better safe than sorry!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 15-Aug-05 11:46:56

oh and yes, we got to board first as we had Jess with us (admittedly she was only 7 months old)

LIZS Mon 15-Aug-05 11:48:49

Seats aren't preallocated, you just grab them as you board the plane. Make sure that you hang around the desk at the gate so as families with under5 's get priority to go to the plane but in practice if you are at the back of the crowd you may not make it through before they start to let others on, in order of arrival at the check in desk. This all goes to pot if you are bussed out to the plane anyway (not usual at Gatwick but possible on return flight) and becomes a real scramble. Send the kids on first and tell anyone who tries to sit next to them how they may need the loo or feel ill in case you can get an adjacent vacant seat !

When you return to Gatwick be prepared for a long walk from the point of arrival to the baggage reclaim - not fun with a youngster if you arrive late at night.

It is pretty basic but there is I think a trolley buffet service on board for snacks and drinks. Many larger companies don't offer the frills anymore anyway.

Legacy Mon 15-Aug-05 12:02:56

OH - doesn't sound TOO bad then - presumably they wouldn't let a 3 year old be separated completely from his parents?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now