Talk

Advanced search

Sands resort anyone... anyone...?

(6 Posts)
alicatsg Fri 12-Aug-05 15:24:03

Has anyone been to the Sands resort? we may get the chance to go away for a week in Sept and this came up in a web trawl and on Mnet but DH is distinctlyy sniffy about it (we had a lousy time at Moonfleet last year and he thinks this might be similar?)

we just want somewhere (in the UK) we can all relax and be away from everyday stresses so if you have other suggestions would love to hear them. DS is just coming up to 2.

moondog Fri 12-Aug-05 15:26:35

Quick question-is Moonfleet that bad? Archives seem to suggest so,but can't understand why as Fowey Hall was wonderful and they are owned by the same company. I want somewhere smart and family friendly in Dorset. Is Sands near by> (Terrible name however.)

alicatsg Fri 12-Aug-05 19:16:14

We just found it disappointing - things like the indoor pool wasn't heated so there was no way DS could go in it (or me either but thats cos I'm a pathetic girly). Food wasn't great, invaded by insects, room not that clean and the staff v unfriendly, even in the creche. Felt v ripped off by the whole thing.

alicatsg Fri 12-Aug-05 19:16:37

sorry - Sands is in Cornwall

grumpyfrumpy Sat 13-Aug-05 10:26:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chamomile Sun 14-Aug-05 19:40:54

We went to Sands at May half term because we left it too late for Bedruthen Steps where we usually go. We had got the impression it wasn't as good but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large and airy with a dvd player and playstation in the room which was useful as we had some bad weather.There was also a microwave in the room which was useful for bedtime milk. The kids loved the kids clubs. They went to the evening clubs which meant we had a lovely relaxed dinner. I thought the food was pretty good - better than I had expected. We would certainly go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now