Talk

Advanced search

RIGHT, Thats it I NEED to get away. For my own sanity!!!!!

(21 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 10-Aug-05 19:59:56

Please, please help. I am relying on the power of MN for this one!!!

I need to get away for a break. Work is getting too much and with a baby due in December I need to get away and relax. Trouble is we are skint at the moment.

So, my challange to you ladies........

We want to try and get away over the bank holiday weekend, somewhere in the UK - cheap and cheerfull!!!!!

Self catering or B&B but I don't want to spend more than about £200.00. There is me, dh and dd (who is 5)

Can it be done??? I challenge you!!!!!!!

Nemo1977 Wed 10-Aug-05 20:05:05

sweetheart why dont u see if bubblerock has any rooms free in her bnb?

sweetheart Wed 10-Aug-05 20:06:16

Nemo, do you have any details???

Should also say the South is probably best as then we wouldn't have to travel too far. But we would consider anywhere really!!!!

Right off to watch BB - back in half an hour for any ideas!!!

Nemo1977 Wed 10-Aug-05 20:08:26

bubblerock is in blackpool and know a few people have stayed there...think she has an ad under the small buisness ads section.

sweetheart Wed 10-Aug-05 20:29:00

cheers Nemo, I'll check it out. Anyone else got ANY ideas???

PLEASE!!!!!!

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 20:51:33

What about this? boutique room only b & b in Worthing so near the sea but not as trendy as Brighton.

moondog Wed 10-Aug-05 20:53:54

Have you thought of staying home but spending the money on some paid help or some nice food? Going away when pg or with kids is rarely relaxing,especially over BH.
You could get a lot for £200.....

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 20:54:12

escape boutique b&b Llandudno but no good for kids under 10 but I thought I'd put it in for another time!

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 20:55:10

Pendoric boutique b&b cornwall

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 20:58:00

or search on Sawdays for a b&b

moondog Wed 10-Aug-05 20:58:54

Crikey www! I live near Llandudno! Reckon that's the first boutique hotel there. (It's still one of those orange juice as a starter type places.

Don't go near Llandudno on a BH. A55 is chocka all the way to Liverpool and Manchester.

sweetheart Wed 10-Aug-05 21:00:22

Thanks www, will have a good look at those later.

Moondog - we really want to try and get away. Even a rainy weekend in a leaking caravan sounds appealing at the moment!!!!

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 21:01:15

ha ha moondog! Well, actually, I guess going ANYWHERE in the UK on a bank holiday is pretty hellish. I tihnk I'll stay in the city, which will be empty!
Sweetheart, have you seen this thread?

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 21:02:13

Moondog, it does look nice though that Llandudno place, don't you reckon?

moondog Wed 10-Aug-05 21:05:23

It does look nice,yes.
(Must go and check it out!)
Llandudno is anice place if devoid of culture. My sister lives in Brighton which we all refer to as 'Llandudno with balls.'

Where are you sweethear? How about a night in a hotel in the city? I stayed in Hotel du Vin in Birmingham recently (£125 for a huge room) which was spot on.

WideWebWitch Wed 10-Aug-05 21:07:33

Oooh, yes Sweetheart, if you go for a city hotel which is suddenly empty of business people you can get good deals. Remember to haggle and look on laterooms.com

sweetheart Wed 10-Aug-05 21:27:45

Hadn't realy thought of a city break - going to a city just doesn't seem as relaxing somehow as strolls along the beech.

Our nearset city is London and I'm ashamed to admit that with recent events I would not even consider going there at the moment.

Cornwall has always been a favorite of ours so we'll probably end up heading down that way.

Thanks for all the ideas - it's def something to think about. I'll just have to make sure I do it quickly

marbeth Wed 10-Aug-05 22:00:53

hi Sweetheart

Just an idea.We have stayed in the devere swindon before.Its available over bank holiday weekend 2 nights DBB.for 200 for a family room.Although swindon is not very exciting you can drive out to costwolds.We had a lovely time with our ds aged 6.Also hotel has indoor pool and childrens pool.Food very good with childrens menu.

goosey Wed 10-Aug-05 22:03:11

Have you looked on ebay? A week in August in a very nice 2 bed chalet at Dartmouth has just gone for £197

Bramshott Wed 10-Aug-05 22:46:04

We used these people last year for self catering in Cornwall and they had some pretty cheap deals. Not sure if you can go for less than a week though, but we went for a week in Sept for less than £200 for all three of us.

Bramshott Wed 10-Aug-05 22:47:01

Sorry, that didn't work - trying again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now