Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for going abroad?

(4 Posts)
pjsmum Wed 10-Aug-05 19:23:49

We are off to northern spain next week. I've written list after list of stuff to take, think i've got it all but has anyone any tips or advice regarding taking 6 month abroad? Some of you have already helped me out with the sterilising dilemma

madrose Wed 10-Aug-05 19:39:37

going to bump this as would love to hear tips as taking 5 month old to spain on friday

Ameriscot2005 Wed 10-Aug-05 19:47:36

Dunno - it seems like an easy age to travel with a child.

I'd say try to use a sling for situations where you need to have your hands free - eg in the airport. Move to an umbrella fold buggy.

Think about what you are going to do at mealtimes. Is your child going to be in a buggy, car-seat, or highchair. Since they are borderline for a highchair, you might want to thin about getting a little sling that keeps them upright.

If you are worried about germs, you can take disposable tablemats as well as anti-bacterial hand-gel.

anchovies Wed 10-Aug-05 19:54:12

Agree with Ameriscot our best holidays were when ds was tiny (and couldn't move!)

Things I would take again:
A tent for the beach (with a floor in it)
Emergency food/cartons of milk if you're not breastfeeding
Steribottles for the plane (again if you're not breastfeeding)
Shade a babe for your pushchair (so much easier than messing around with a parasol)
Disposable bibs
Antibacterial wipes

Cant think of anything else at the mo but will post again if I do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now