Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going To Majorca - Baby Essentials

(11 Posts)
Janbo25 Wed 10-Aug-05 15:26:34

hi we are dut to go on holiday to majorca for 2 weeks soon, we have a ds who is 7 months and we are looking for tips and advise on all the baby essentials we need to take and if anyone as any tips???

popsycal Wed 10-Aug-05 15:33:43

we went when ds1 was almost one....they have nappies and formula but the resort we stayed at had no variety at all........so if you want a particular brand, take it with you. I retrospect I wish we had taken cartons of formula with us

Janbo25 Wed 10-Aug-05 15:36:14

we have managed to get formula sachets which we will take any other suggestions???

vickiyumyum Wed 10-Aug-05 15:40:10

things like swim nappies, calpol, first aid kit for stings bites, calomine lotion all just in case oh and antiseptic wipes (although probably more for a toddler, but my ds was stung by a wasp when he was 8 months whilst on holiday in majorca so would def want bite cream and calpol as the calpol seemed to calm him down as he was screaming in pain)

food is fine there unless you ds is particularly fussy and then would take any dried baby food that he may want.

Janbo25 Wed 10-Aug-05 17:18:26

thanks for the great advise vicki is there anymore tips you can tell me about majorca as in eating out etc?

thedogmother Wed 10-Aug-05 17:21:06

Try and get one of those "sun" t-shirts or all-in-ones, my kids used them recently in Menorca and they were great for protecting against the sun. And don't forget the factor 40+ or highest you can find!

thedogmother Wed 10-Aug-05 17:22:31

and if your room isn't air-conditioned you might want to try and hire a fan, they charge 2euros a night in Menorca, should be about the same in Majorca and they're invaluable.

vickiyumyum Wed 10-Aug-05 17:45:32

we found it easy to ask for a bowl of veges for my ds and just mashed them ourselve or would sometimes ask for soup depending what was onthe menu and if i thought that he might want a bit of protein to go with his veges e.g chicken soup.

most of the resaturants catered for older children e.g kids meals, but found if you went to the more touristy ones it was all chips and chips! so tryied to find smaller restaurants that wer more family oreintated, and it takes twice as long to eat you r meal becuase all the old women in black are coming over and trying to talk to you in spainish about the babba!

but othe than just taking anything that you think you might need first aid and swimming wise, its the same as shopping at home although not quite the choice. e.g only one type of disposable nappy stocked and baby wipes that i had never heard of, but reasonable enough prices and usually at least one big supermarket and chemist in each resort.

have a nice time. i hope you enjoy it!

Janbo25 Wed 10-Aug-05 20:57:18

were you not worried about the veggies being to salty becuase of the salt used in cooking?? at what age do you have to stop worrying about that so much?

vickiyumyum Thu 11-Aug-05 13:58:26

i would at home but on holiday just made sure that ds drunk plenty of fluids and didn't add any salt, to be honest veges didn't tast salty if that makes sense, also let ds try rice which was quite funny.

lucy5 Thu 11-Aug-05 14:03:27

Dodot are pampers nappies if thats any help. The equivalent of calpol is called dalsy. You can get jarred baby food, they do hipp, spanish baby food often has sugar and salt in it. I live in Spain but im guessing majorca is pretty much the same. Its absolutely boiling in southern Spain at the mo, so high factor sun cream, hat, loaads and loads of water. Try not to go out in the middle of the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now