Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thought I'd start an early skiing thread - Tignes

(3 Posts)
Gizmo Tue 09-Aug-05 15:45:59

I know it's only August, but I need something to daydream about and the nice places are booking up. So I am on the verge of booking a chalet in Tignes for next March and thought I would seek your experiences/advice on two points.

Firstly, I have invited a friend with a little girl who will be around 15 months old. Tignes seems rather light on childcare for small ones, so does anyone know of any good local temporary nanny agencies or other childcare?

My DS will be 4 and therefore old enough to go to ski school (he's already very keen!). Does anyone have any top tips to make the first time at ski school a happy one? I'm guessing he will be happier in a largely anglophone group, rather than a french ski school, so does anyone know any good British ski schools for small children over there?

I'm so excited - already! - it's a bit ridiculous

Scatterbrain Tue 09-Aug-05 16:09:29

Have you checked out Mark Warner ? They do Tignes and have creches for the littlies.

Gizmo Tue 09-Aug-05 16:37:11

Yup, I know they're very highly recommended...but...a bit beyond my budget . Also about 60% of my group are non parents so we're looking at hiring a chalet through Ski Total which means I need to think about independent childcare options. DS will be ok since lots of the local ski school/nurserys cater for 4 years old, but I'm a bit concerned I might struggle with the 1 year old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now