Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

City Break with 3 year old

(10 Posts)
Michaelangelo Tue 09-Aug-05 10:08:29

Anyone have any suggestions for a good city destination in Europe (2-3 hour flight time) for a long weekend with a 3 year old?

FairyMum Tue 09-Aug-05 10:15:48

I always find Italy and Spain to be very child/friendly. In May we went to Venice and the children loved it. I truly recommend it!

Skribble Tue 09-Aug-05 22:18:46

Our kids loved paris, short flight time and day trip to disney by train possible. They loved the Eiffel Tower, the Metro,double decker carousels, crepes from street vendors and hot dogs with cheese grilled.

bonym Tue 09-Aug-05 22:35:29

Barcelona - great aquarium, wonderful zoo, human statues on The Ramblas (great, free fun for kids - and adults), and "magic fountains". One of my favourite cities (and dd thought it was fab too!).

puff Tue 09-Aug-05 22:36:02

another vote for Barcelona

bonym Tue 09-Aug-05 22:38:42

Oh - forgot to say that Barcelona also has a beach!

swedishmum Tue 09-Aug-05 22:50:38

Agree with Venice. Barcelona would probably be good. Definitely avoid Vienna - worst place I've ever been with my kids and they've done quite a few cities. Milan would be boring. Prague very fairy tale and some great parks etc if you look around (cobbles are tough on the feet though). Copenhagen - lots and lots to do especially if Tivoli is open. Stockholm great too. Amsterdam and Paris are always fun and easy to get to.

Michaelangelo Wed 10-Aug-05 10:16:50

Barcelona sounds good I really want to go there and it sounds as though it may be good for DS too. Thanks

lapsedrunner Wed 10-Aug-05 12:51:51

Was about to say Vienna! But then it wasn't a good experience for Swedishmum....I'll keep quiet

Whizzz Wed 10-Aug-05 19:07:13

DS loved Barcelona when he was 3 - the aquarium is great for kids & he also loved the cable car ride near the Olympic village.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now