Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Travel/medical insurance for USA

(4 Posts)
MrsBoo Mon 08-Aug-05 14:20:39

Hi, this may be a bit complicated. Can anyone recomend a travel/medical insurance policy that will cover a length of stay in USA of over 30 days? Most of the ordinary year long travel insurance only covers for specific trips of up to 30 days each!
It's for my DB who is going to Florida on Thursday to study/train for 12 weeks. He needs adequate health/medical cover. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Janh Mon 08-Aug-05 14:58:33

Try the money supermarket - also this site has "backpackers" cover for eg gap year students for more than 30 days. It does exist - don't know cost or if cover will be appropriate for him though.

MrsBoo Mon 08-Aug-05 17:10:12

thanks Janh, i got my own travel insurance thru the money supermarket; but having difficulty finding one that will cover a trip longer than 30days!
some of the gap year ones offer very basic cover (i guess cos they're aimed at young people who don't want to spend too much) my brother is prepared to get good cover, as it would be required in USA.

Janh Mon 08-Aug-05 22:53:18

I think he needs a broker then, MrsB.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: