Talk

Advanced search

Travel highchairs - can you recommend one?

(11 Posts)
Jodee Thu 19-Jul-01 12:58:18

Hi all, I'm looking for a portable highchair with a tray that I can take with me when visiting distant relatives - already too much of a faff taking travel cot, etc. etc. without the bulky day to day highchair I use at home.
I've got one of those 'handbag highchairs' - the velcro type thing that wraps around baby and chair, which was fine when I was spoonfeeding, but 15 mo son is now trying to feed himself with gusto and something with a tray would be better, I feel.
I don't trust one of those screw on the table types, plus ds would be able to reach anything and everything on the table to throw forcefully to the floor (this is a great game at the moment).
Any suggestions please?

Bloss Thu 19-Jul-01 13:11:01

Message withdrawn

Lizzer Thu 19-Jul-01 13:15:39

Hi Jodee, I found the safety 1st booster seater brilliant (got it from Argos, about £20) I've had it since she was about 11 months, it is great. It folds up so you can fit in the car dead easy (even in the footwell of backseat as I've had to do when car was full),You can strap it to just about any shaped dining chair really securely, has removable tray so when he's older you can use it just as a booster seat, it has a safety strap, the tray clicks onto the seat and they can't get out so when it's just on the floor you don't need to strap them into it. Honestly I would say it is invaluable to me as we do a lot of visiting and during the week it stays at my Nana's house as she looks after her when I'm at work.

Lizzer Thu 19-Jul-01 13:16:34

You just beat me to it Bloss!

Marina Thu 19-Jul-01 13:36:10

Another vote for the Safety First, Jodee, it is quite simply brilliant.

Nmd Thu 19-Jul-01 18:48:53

Definitely another vote for the safety first - wouldn't be prepared to eat at the aunts / grandparents without it

Nmd Thu 19-Jul-01 18:48:56

Definitely another vote for the safety first - wouldn't be prepared to eat at the aunts / grandparents without it

Jodee Thu 19-Jul-01 19:58:38

Thanks everyone! I shall definitely be getting it after so many recommendations - it may even replace my manky highchair which takes up so much space in my dining room.

Joe Fri 20-Jul-01 10:20:04

I have been looking around at these for something for my son to sit in while we are at work, now I know which one to get.

Jodee Mon 23-Jul-01 10:19:04

I dashed to Argos on Friday to buy one (21.49 pounds) as I was going away for the w/e and it was great, very easy to put together and ds loved sitting in it.

Bloss Mon 23-Jul-01 11:20:02

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: