Talk

Advanced search

Need to send Euro deposit to French hotel – anyone know how?

(5 Posts)
Frieda Sun 31-Jul-05 22:46:25

I need to send a small amount of money to France as a deposit for a holiday rental we've booked. Does anyone know how I go about doing this without incurring ridiculous fees (such as for raising a bankers' draft, etc)? I need to send about 50 Euros.

thanks in advance

F x

fairydust Sun 31-Jul-05 22:47:41

bank transfer?

Janh Sun 31-Jul-05 22:50:38

I suppose paypal isn't an option?

If they gave you their bank details you could do a transfer (my internet current account gives its international bank numbers at the bottom of the page now as if this is a universal thing).

Or you could just send 50 euros recorded delivery.

HTH

WestCountryLass Sun 31-Jul-05 22:51:42

I'd probably change the money up and send it in the post, is there a way to psot registered overseas?

Frieda Sun 31-Jul-05 23:03:44

Thanks for your speedy replies, everyone! (Janh, I marvel at your font of knowledge – you've helped me out with everything from guinea pigs to info on premium-rate numbers! ) Now paypal – I hadn't thought of that. My main problem is my rusty french, and the person I'm communicating with (a gîte owner) doesn't speak english and doesn't have email or a fax, so I'm at the mercy of my limited vocab. I was kind of hoping there'd be a sort of international version of the postal order.
I think I may try the recorded delivery option. If that doesn't work (internationally, I mean) I'll attempt asking for the bank details over the phone (although my money could end up anywhere!).
Thanks, anyhow, all of you for your help.

F x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now