Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

romantic hotel in windermere

(20 Posts)
jenk1 Fri 29-Jul-05 17:43:41

its mine and DH,s 5th wedding anniversary this november, we want to go to the lake district for the weekend,preferably winderemere, we are looking for a hotel with a swimming pool etc, any ideas anyone(never been before but been told its really nice)

anteater Fri 29-Jul-05 20:03:20

The Samling is the No1 romantic spot in Windemere.. booked for Tuesday but had to cancel

www.thesamling.com

Macca's been staying at Sharrow Bay again last week..

jenk1 Fri 29-Jul-05 20:15:22

looks absolutely beautiful, but a bit out of our price range, can u recommend anything in a lower price band,thanks

giraffeski Fri 29-Jul-05 20:34:09

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Fri 29-Jul-05 20:43:57

Message withdrawn

jenk1 Fri 29-Jul-05 20:57:09

thanks giraffeski, looks really nice have just requested brochure-told them u recommended it

giraffeski Fri 29-Jul-05 21:00:37

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Fri 29-Jul-05 21:01:14

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Fri 29-Jul-05 21:01:40

Message withdrawn

jenk1 Fri 29-Jul-05 22:01:56

no i didnt put your MN user name, just said your sister had recommended the hotel

giraffeski Fri 29-Jul-05 22:53:38

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Fri 29-Jul-05 22:58:55

Whitewater Hotel on lake nr Newby Bridge

anteater Sat 30-Jul-05 09:13:22

Windemere (the place not the MNer!) does rather tend to trade on its name and price accordingly..
Is it just you and dp? If so I would say try Howtown Hotel on Ullswater.. dont think they have a website but the location is No1, the prices are unreal, the only problem will be getting in! They DO NOT LIKE CHILDREN tho..

basketcase Sat 30-Jul-05 09:18:33

We have stayed at the Glenburn and it is so lovely - giraffeski, tell your sister that it was one of the friendliest and most relaxed places we have stayed in over our numerous (several a year) visits to the lakes. Just wish we could afford it every time..
Tend to do BB or camping now we have children but can thoroughly recommend the Glenburn

tortoiseshell Sat 30-Jul-05 09:19:06

The Olde English is lovely, but don't know if they have a pool. Right on the lake though. Also Storrs Hall, which is between Bowness and Fell Foot, and the Wateredge in Ambleside. Oh, and the Langdale Chase - beautiful rose gardens. Or the Low Wood is nice.

basketcase Sat 30-Jul-05 09:29:10

Oooh - the Wateredge Hotel is another good one. We stayed there for our second wedding anniversairy...I need a holiday...

giraffeski Sat 30-Jul-05 15:00:06

Message withdrawn

Janbo25 Sat 30-Jul-05 23:19:59

the 21st lakes is a lovely hotel each room being individual!! highly recommended

jenk1 Mon 01-Aug-05 11:18:24

we would like to take the kids while they are off school also to the lakes any recommendations for a child freindly hotel b&B?

Janbo25 Mon 01-Aug-05 11:53:05

Try the Langdale Hotel. part of a timeshare, which is nevertheless in Langdale, and classic Lake District. They have swimming pool, fitness stuff, sauna etc. We used to take our kids there for sunday lunch which included use of facilities. There were kids menues. Inside or out, there's plenty of space for kids to let off steam. The "estate" is sensitively landscaped log cabins; I'd guess there's a good chance the kids would make friends. www.langdale.co.uk. Within strolling distance is the Britannia Inn Elterwater, popular for its ale, food and situation. Have a good holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now