Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mevagissey, Cornwall

(12 Posts)
bluesky Fri 29-Jul-05 08:09:14

Has anyone been here? Trying to find a B&B for sister and boyfriend, one has popped up here, (windsmeet) but don't know Mevagissey. Anyone have any great recommendations, cheap and cheerful with a sea view in Cornwall? Thanks.

BearintheBigBlueHouse Fri 29-Jul-05 08:50:59

V cute, great pasties, nice little harbour, the best beaches are just before you get there (Pentewan) and just beyond (Gorran Haven - nice pub too - and Caerhays). Gets very busy and as theres just one road in and one out (and the bits in the middle are very narrow with no pavements), very congested. Good shops selling local artists'/potters'/sculptors' wares. HTH

bluesky Fri 29-Jul-05 10:25:51

oh thanks bbbh, very cornish/typical sounding. Anyone with any B&B recommendations?

bluesky Fri 29-Jul-05 16:26:33

A lovely B&B in Cornwall with sea views anyone?

mum2mikey Fri 29-Jul-05 23:21:46

Newquay- bristol hotel. as for mevagissey its all nearl holiday cottages. very busy and very small. i would not recommend staying in meva. trust me, i live down here.

bluesky Sat 30-Jul-05 11:54:58

hi mum2mikey, just saw you on the eden thread! Where would you suggest she take him then, we have all been to Cornwall several times, north and south, but this is her boyfriends first time, and she want to really show him Cornwall at it's best, ie he's keen on somewhere with a sea view. Sweet, quaint, cobbly, harboury, boats, pubs etc. Def not Newquay (sorry!) As she is going in mid-Sept she will be out of main 'crush' season.

justmummy Sat 30-Jul-05 12:01:32

Meva sounds like the sort of thing they are after. Or just up the coast is Fowey - similar to meva. Harbour, boats, pubs, hotels, very quaint.

Sorry don't know of any B&B's but there must be some you could find doing internet search.

Surfermum Sat 30-Jul-05 12:08:11

If you want a cobbly, quaint fishing village then go to Polperro . My favourite place of all in Cornwall. I can recommend staying in the Mill House and a drink in the Blue Peter is a must.

justmummy Sat 30-Jul-05 12:38:37

Just had another thought - Charlestown.

Lovely little village with working port - used a lot for films & television. The Pier House Hotel is right on quay side look here

TracyK Sat 30-Jul-05 13:03:17

I think it was meva. my mil stayed at last year - watch out for parking charges - I think it cost them about £20 for the weekend!
I loved Driftwood Spars in St Agnes - not much to do there - but right on the beach and fairly reasonable rates too.

bluesky Sat 30-Jul-05 19:04:25

thanks guys!

Whizzz Sat 30-Jul-05 19:07:48

I had wonderful lobster in Charlestown when we went in June!
Mevagissey is very quaint but yes, very busy - Port issac is nice as is Polperro

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now