Talk

Advanced search

North London to Guernsey - fly or take the ferry??

(9 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 19:35:56

we're going to Guernsey at Easter next year for 5 days. Some of the group are flying, some are going by ferry (fear of flying).

We'll have 5 year old and 1 year old by then. What do you think will be the best option. Having the car on the island is not really an issue either way as we're going mainly to do a running challenge, not to sight see.

katzguk Thu 28-Jul-05 19:42:03

i would fly, its very quick and easy

the airport in guernsey is small so the whole customs thing is also quick.

the ferry takes ages too and at that time of year it could be choppy.

the only disadvantage to flying is fog, it frequently stops planes taking off and landing. i wouldn't book the first plane onto or off the island

flights with flybe are the cheapest.

mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 19:56:26

thanks very much katzguk. i'll check them out.

mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 19:57:43

not any good for this trip. from Stansted they only fly into Jersey.

mckenzie Thu 28-Jul-05 21:32:33

got that wrong. they dont fly from Stansted at all. Only Luton but still only to Jersey.

jsmum Thu 28-Jul-05 21:38:53

Try Aurigny - they fly from Stansted to Guernsey. Takes about an hour though because its a propeller plane.

mckenzie Fri 29-Jul-05 09:27:36

apparently we will need a car when we get there so maybe the ferry option isn't such a bad idea, considering we'll have plenty of luggage with the children.
anyone taken this trip by ferry??

mckenzie Fri 29-Jul-05 17:17:49

bump

katzguk Fri 29-Jul-05 17:23:26

have done it by ferry - yuck! sorry i hate ferries

it might be worth checking out how much flights plus car hire are in comparison to the ferry - it can be expensive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now