Talk

Advanced search

WOULD YOU????

(20 Posts)
jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 28-Jul-05 12:18:50

I am going to Butlins for a week in August with DH - jess going away with my dad - and i will be 31 weeks pg.

Would you pack a small EMERGENCY labour bag?! Maybe a couple of sleepsuits and nappies etc just to be safe? It can stay in the car, so no worries about space etc, but not sure if im just maybe being a bit over-cautious?!

Advice welcome!!!

cadbury Thu 28-Jul-05 12:19:59

I would.

bundle Thu 28-Jul-05 12:20:02

we forgot our sleepsuits when dd1 was born (at 42 weeks!) so she had a hospital nightie on for first day of her life, so don't fret re: clothes.

Nbg Thu 28-Jul-05 12:20:30

Yep. Dh and I went away when I was 31 weeks to the south coast and I took some bits with me.

You never know.

Which Butlins btw?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 28-Jul-05 12:21:32

Skegness! Its about 2-3 hours from where we are, and im scared in case anything happens!!! I thought i might just be a bit OTT.... I know i had my proper bag packed from 28 weeks with Jess!

triceratops Thu 28-Jul-05 12:29:56

That would be more than 2 months early - do you really think baby will fit into your sleepsuits/nappies at that size? You would have to get new preemie clothes anyway if you go into labour at that time. But do pack your medical notes just in case. I hope you have a great time.

I was thinking of taking dh for a romantic weekend for his birthday without ds but I dont think I will manage romance at 36 weeks with no booze.

Gobbledigook Thu 28-Jul-05 12:31:26

I wouldn't. I'd just make sure I had my notes.

Chances are nothing is going to happen that early and if it did, you'd easily be able to get hold of emergency items.

have fun!

Nbg Thu 28-Jul-05 13:41:19

I hope you have a better time there than what we did at Bognor!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 28-Jul-05 16:02:18

anyone else? 2 saying yes, 2 saying no..... god i dont know what to do!!!

nutcracker Thu 28-Jul-05 16:03:36

I would say NO just take your notes cos like someone else said, none of the stuff would fit baby anyway.

assumedname Thu 28-Jul-05 16:05:10

No, I wouldn't.

I was in Germany when I was pregnant with dd2 and travelled back at 9 months pregnant.
Didn't even occur to me she might have been early! So had nothing with me, not even pregnancy notes.

SoupDragon Thu 28-Jul-05 19:25:48

Sleepsuits and nappies would be useless given you would be having a preemie. I might pack a small one with things I really really didn't want to do without (er... camera and notes are all that I can think of! Maybe the baby blanket for sentimental reasons) It won't do any harm anyway

macwoozy Thu 28-Jul-05 19:29:30

You might as well if you don't mind leaving it in the car. It'll give you peace of mind.

compo Thu 28-Jul-05 19:31:09

no I would just take notes and telephone number of nearest hospital (that's what I did when I went on holiday around this time when pregnant with ds)

PiccadillyCircus Thu 28-Jul-05 19:31:51

I'd say to take your notes, but not take the bag. But there again I am 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow with DS2/DD and haven't packed anything at all so I ma probably not the person to ask .

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 28-Jul-05 19:50:49

thanks guys. I might just put a small bag with bits for me in it then.... like sanitary towels and big knickers etc JUST IN CASE!

Orinoco Thu 28-Jul-05 20:33:13

Message withdrawn

WestCountryLass Thu 28-Jul-05 20:59:28

Personally I wouldn't. I'm assumming Jess wasn't prem but at 31 weeks your baby wouldn't be wearing sleepsuits as they'd be in an incubator and you'd need preterm nappies. If you want to pack something for emergencies then pack pads, breastpads and nursing bras My DS was a 34 weeker btw

snailspace Thu 28-Jul-05 22:08:36

Message withdrawn

Blackduck Thu 28-Jul-05 22:13:07

nope - wouldn't - just take notes.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now