Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a hotel (abroad) which has waterslides and good childrens facilities - any suggestions?

(10 Posts)
jammie Wed 27-Jul-05 11:21:50

Hi,
We are thinking of taking a weeks holiday aboad for 1 week, end August with our two children (7yrs and 1yr). Oldest son loves waterslides, and we have been looking at some of the hotels in Turkey, but must admit I am a bit put off because of recent events. Also, I know it would be really hot here at this time and do not know if it would be fair to little one. Quite fancy A/I or half board but not over bothered as long as the hotel caters really well for children, and has good swimming pool. Would love to hear suggestion and ideas from anyone, as an now in a hurry to book!

popmum Wed 27-Jul-05 12:37:45

We stayed here - http://www.seymourhotels.com/merton/default.asp on jersey - very good hotel for kids and adults!

Fimbo Wed 27-Jul-05 12:45:27

We stayed here 3 years ago. Minorca is lovely - no lager louts. Santo Tomas itself is basically one main street but there are lots of little playareas for kids and you are right on the beach. You would need to hire a car to get around the rest of the island and although the hotel doesn't have water flumes itself there is a water park (but again you would near a car to get there)

Fimbo Wed 27-Jul-05 12:46:46

Sorry mean't to say as well they do a Mothercare package which you can hire (stroller, nappies etc) and children have their own buffet section in the restaurant.

copycat Wed 27-Jul-05 23:15:26

Turkey and Egypt ( here for example LTI Grand Azure - click 'Go') have a number of A/I hotels with waterslides but, as you say, the recent terrorist attacks may put you off of course. Other suggestions are further afield in the Caribbean. Have you considered a mobile home at a Keycamp or Eurocamp site in France. Nearly all of these have waterslides. Or maybe one of the Pierre&Vacance sites in France if you would prefer an apartment (Belle Dune in Normandy and Cap Esterel on the French Riviera have waterslides). Of course there is always Centreparcs (France, Belgium, Holland, Germany). If you do want to go to Turkey I thoroughly recommend Lykia World at Olu Deniz which has its own waterpark.

jammie Mon 01-Aug-05 12:20:03

Many thanks for all your suggestions - they have certainly given me food for thought! We are now going through all the different options, and I am sure we will something that will suit us all! Thanks again.

MABS Wed 03-Aug-05 18:47:06

Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Dubai - has a fab waterpark attached to it and is very child friendly.

copycat Wed 03-Aug-05 23:00:36

Ooh yes, the Jumeirah Beach hotel is fantastic. There is also an amazing adventure playground at this hotel (capacity of 200+ kids to give you an idea of scale) and there is a waterslide in the hotel pool as well as the waterpark next door which is free to guests. Kids club is great too. Very hot in August in Dubai but probably the cheapest time of year to travel there.
Also Gala Hotel, Playacar, Mexico has excellent kids club (with two slides in kids club shallow pools) and open in the evenings too. There is also a small water/fun park very near by (three minute taxi drive across busy dual carriage way) which my kids loved.
Florida might also be a destination to consider - waterparks everywhere over there and lots of the hotels have waterslides.

FIMAC1 Thu 04-Aug-05 07:16:17

Belle Dune in Normandy - Pierre et Vacances Village. Fabulous pool complex, houses were lovely, well equipped and perfect for families. We found it recommended in a travel guide, went it 2003, kids keep asking when they go back!

FIMAC1 Thu 04-Aug-05 07:21:45

Also has excellent 'kids club' and small animals park and a donkey! Local beach is a short, free electric train ride away or short bike ride.

We went with Leisure Direction - search on France - holiday villages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now