Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lagotel...Alcudia

(14 Posts)
kcemum Mon 25-Jul-05 20:10:04

Hello, Has anybody stayed there? If so what is it like?

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:21:50

Bump...Surely somebody must have been!

kid Tue 26-Jul-05 22:24:09

I stayed in Bellevue in Alcudia

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:28:18

Ooh is alcudia beach as safe as they say in the brochures for children? also there have been reports of jellyfish, did you see any?

kid Tue 26-Jul-05 22:31:36

Didn't see any jellyfish, we went in August 2003.
The beach was lovely, the water was even quite warm. My kids were 4 and 16 months at the time and had a great time.

Take a look at the website www.holidaysuncovered.com (co.uk) they have reviews from lots of different holidays.

eldorado Tue 26-Jul-05 22:31:37

I stayed here. I stayed in the apartments. We enjoyed ourselves in it. Only thing is that it can get very noisy in the hotel part. Also part of the hotel looks out on to the power station to the rear. We were advised to email the hotel prior to our arrival and ask for a pool view. We were warned also about mosquitos as you are very near a nature reserve but thankfully we didn't get bitten. If you plan to use the washing facilities book early as the spots go very quickly. If you are going full board the food is good but can get monotonous. The entertainment is good to with usual kiddies disco and bingo every night and then a show of some description. There is a free bus to the beach everyday except sundays I think. Feel free to ask me any questino you have. The pools are lovely and they have swimming lessons there -a lovey guy was there last year named Keith and he had my little ones swimming without armbands after 5 lessons. It is a nice hotel very clean and the staff are nice. The only gripe I had was the noise in the hotel at night time. We staye din the apartments so didn't really effect us but some people we met did mention it to us. There is a really good creche facility there too which you pay for on arrival. Again need tgo have your name down early for that but it gives you an hour and a half to yourself we used to book it to coincide with ds's nap time.

Feel free to ask me anything else you neeed to know.

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:48:02

Thanks eldorado, Just a couple of quick questions, did you book the swimming lessons through your tour operator or directly with the hotel? How much were they? (DD3 is just swimming without bands and will enjoy), were the balcony railings substantial? Willbe asking for ground floor accomadation if possible as I hate heights. Also a daft questioin coming up...did you see any cats around the complex? just discovered DD3 has allergy to cats. Thankyou!

eldorado Tue 26-Jul-05 22:49:19

are you in hotle or aparments

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:50:24

Think we're in the hotel

eldorado Tue 26-Jul-05 22:52:37

well the hotel rooms iirc start on 2nd floor as reception and stuff is downstairs. Thnk it was 45 euro for 5 lessons and we booked when we got there. yes there were cats about but only outslide none inside. And there weren't a huge amount of them either.

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 22:56:55

Thanks, will be asking for a 2nd floor room me thinks!you've also put my mind to rest about the cats, just have to go armed with her medication. cheers hun

eldorado Tue 26-Jul-05 22:58:32

Would recommend the Pirates show down in Palma if you are thinking of doing a trip. Its a nighttime show but well wroht it. My kids loved it. If you were doing it don't bother with the upgrade its not worht it.

eldorado Tue 26-Jul-05 23:00:36

email them before you go and request the room. I did and got my preference.

kcemum Tue 26-Jul-05 23:05:40

might do the pirate show, have seen lots of good revues for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now