Talk

Advanced search

FREE - HOLIDAY IN LONDON (Aug 6-20) AT OUR HOUSE

(84 Posts)
SofiaAmes Mon 25-Jul-05 01:47:44

It's that time of year again when we go on holiday to Italy and need someone to water the plants and feed the goldfish while we are gone. Last year two different lovely mumsnetter families came and stayed in our house while we were gone and had a great time.
We have a really nice large house which is, of course, child friendly. It's a no pet, non-smoking house.
All you have to do is water the plants every day and cover the cost of the cleaner once a week.
We're gone Aug 6 - 20.
Any takers?

magnolia1 Mon 25-Jul-05 15:52:53

Where abouts are you ?

ks Mon 25-Jul-05 16:06:07

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Mon 25-Jul-05 16:10:16

I don't care if it's child friendly - I want to come by myself

Can't though - holiday booked already.

handlemecarefully Mon 25-Jul-05 16:16:53

What a fab idea SofiaAmes

sis Mon 25-Jul-05 16:22:20

I live in London but am tempted to apply as it is such a very lovely house!

Sofia, it has been too long we must meet up again - I will e-mail you.

SofiaAmes Mon 25-Jul-05 18:46:28

Thanks for the votes of confidence ks and sis. You are both welcome to come and stay as long as you promise to water the plants and feed the goldfish.!!!
magnolia1, we are in West London....Acton W3.
Can I brag a little and show some pictures:

sofia's house

compo Mon 25-Jul-05 18:50:13

wow, what a stunning house! Sadly I'm doing the family thing in Norfolk that week

Pinotmum Mon 25-Jul-05 18:50:45

Gorgeous House

Pinotmum Mon 25-Jul-05 18:51:45

I'll be up in Glasgow as MIL's gorgeous house (NOT)! Mind you dh and the children could go and I'll do plants round yours

anchovies Mon 25-Jul-05 18:56:13

What an absolutely gorgeous house!

Nemo1977 Mon 25-Jul-05 18:56:44

OMG I want your house soooooooooooo bad....i would be too worried about DS causing havoc

emmatmg Mon 25-Jul-05 18:57:24

Wow, Sofia you have a gorgeous house!

I'd love to live in luxury for aweek or so but our holiday is booked for the same time.

Mind you, it's a caravan on the Isle of wight so your haouse is much more appealing.

Flossam Mon 25-Jul-05 19:00:35

Your house is lovely, really lovely.

But, it is worrying me. Please tell me, do you have a cleaner? Or does DP really have something to complain about with me?

Nemo1977 Mon 25-Jul-05 19:03:04

Flossam I am not that tidy at all....and my dh is always worried about me

bumpylump Mon 25-Jul-05 19:04:27

My DP works in Twickenham and travels from Wiltshire every day. He moved here so I could be close to my family to help me with our son. Where abouts in London are you SofiaAmes as all of his family are still living there and a week without 4 hours travelling a day to work and being close to his family may be a nice treat for him?

marthamoo Mon 25-Jul-05 19:07:09

Sofia - I know I'll sound paranoid here but if that's your address on the pictures (of your utterly beautiful and oh I'm so jealous) house, and you've said the area of London - and said when you'll be away on holiday (and I know you'll have house-sitters but presumably they'll go out for the day sometimes)...just a thought.

SofiaAmes Mon 25-Jul-05 19:08:24

Of course I have a cleaner (I would rather spend my last £60 having my house cleaned than on just about anything else)!!! And a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Despite being a lovely house, it really is very suited to children. There isn't much within reach that's breakable. And timeber and stone floors mean easy cleaning when they wee everywhere!

It's west london...not sure how near to twickenham that is.

SofiaAmes Mon 25-Jul-05 19:09:46

thanks marthmoo, you are right. I'll change it. Though the lodger will be here throughout.

marthamoo Mon 25-Jul-05 19:12:29

I'm reassured by your lodger but I think that would be wise

Oh and I'm coming next year!

Flossam Mon 25-Jul-05 19:13:30

Phewww! Just thought though, maybe I could use your pictures as evidence that DP could have the house he dreams of, at a cost though!!

noddyholder Mon 25-Jul-05 19:18:23

sofia one of my oldest friends lives v near that road I wish i could have a holiday near her but am in Greece for most of August.Beautiful house

ks Mon 25-Jul-05 19:31:30

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Mon 25-Jul-05 19:33:24

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Jul-05 19:36:44

Sofiames, I might be interested. I've just taken a contract in Bucks and haven't sorted out anywhere to stay yet but could possibly commute from London (considering staying with ex MIL in NW London next week), shall I CAT you? I need to check out journey times etc first though. I wouldn't be there during day though, just eves/nights, any good? The house looks gorgeous! I don't smoke any more btw, gave up 2 years ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: