Talk

Advanced search

my dd1 is off to scotland for a week next week.

(10 Posts)
misdee Sun 24-Jul-05 22:29:46

she is 5 and has been more places than me

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sun 24-Jul-05 22:45:11

bless her - she'll love it. Jess is off up north in august with my dad for 10 days and she'll only be 13 months!

bensmum3 Mon 25-Jul-05 23:00:05

Which part of Scotland Misdee ?

misdee Mon 25-Jul-05 23:02:00

Ayreshire (is that right?). lol. they leave early hours of tuesday apparently, so in-laws wil lbe collecting her monday.

bensmum3 Wed 27-Jul-05 19:51:22

I don't know Ayrshire very well, but I hope she has a lovely time, have you got some Avon skin so soft body spray as a midge repellent for her ?

Gillian76 Wed 27-Jul-05 20:15:36

My aunt lives in Ayrshire. It's lovely!

"she is 5 and has been more places than me"

Does that mean you've never been to Scotland, Misdee You are missing out!

How is DH, btw? Been away for a week.

misdee Wed 27-Jul-05 20:22:42

i have never been to scotland. dd1 went last year just before xmas, and she loved the flying and the whole trip. I'd love to go but am waiting till DH has had his transplant and is recovered enough to enjoy it. We want to go as a whole family.

We are also hoping that one day dh will be well enough to actually go abroad. he asked me the other day where do i want to go for our honeymoon, i told we already had one, but he wants to renew our vows when all of this is over. bless him.

Gillian76 Wed 27-Jul-05 20:25:12

Bless him indeed

Wishing you both health and strength.

Tissy Wed 27-Jul-05 20:34:26

which bit of Ayrshire, misdee? That's where I am! (and mears!).

It's not very midgey unless you're near still water on a warm evening (don't come near our garden, though ).

Loads to do- beaches, Heads of Ayr Farm Park is Fun, Culzean Castle for running about, Loudon Castle, Scotland's oldest theme park (there are only two to my knowledge, so basically, it's not the new one. Colleaugues sons thought it was better than Disneyland Paris )...

She'll have a great time!

misdee Wed 27-Jul-05 20:35:47

tbh tissy i'm not sure lol. i will get more details later of where they are staying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now