Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone been to any greek islands, particularly lesvos ?

(8 Posts)
charlie95 Sun 24-Jul-05 15:25:12

if so just wondered what sort of baby stuff you can buy out there, such as nappies, milks, foods etc....?
could you manage with/without a car seat ? or hire such a thing ?

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 15:27:44

Hi

I've been to lesvos, twice actually but it was before I had dd.
It's a lovely place very friendly and the beaches are gorgeous.

I've also been to Kefalonia twice and Zante.

Have you booked yet?

charlie95 Sun 24-Jul-05 15:31:09

not yet. it would be an organized tour but where you can od what you want ; dont have to stick to arranged itinerary especially as we'd have 5yo ds and 1 yo dd then. seen some pics on the 'net. looks lovley. skala kalloni is where we'd stay.

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 15:34:45

Is that Lesvos?

I forgot, I've also been to Corfu. We stayed in a villa but for one week we hired a little boat so we could go whereever we wanted, whenever we wanted, which was great. A really nice way of seeing different places.

leonardodavinci Sun 24-Jul-05 15:35:35

no but am going to Corfu in 3 weeks!! could you check with the place you are staying at. Give them a ring, get them to ring you back as expensive, or email them. Or contact the Greek tourism board or something like that, am sure they will help in someway. Are you flying as think airplanes accomodate carseats. But worth bringing some of the things, whatever you can pack in your suitcase.

charlie95 Sun 24-Jul-05 15:37:06

skala kalloni is in lesvos, west of myetilini airport, and in the centre of island, hotel right next to beach apparently.

charlie95 Sun 24-Jul-05 15:38:24

thanks - hadnt thought of greek tourist board. try that now.

Nbg Sun 24-Jul-05 15:43:34

As I can remember there were plenty of mini-supermarkets so you'll be fine for nappies, milk etc.

As for travelling we hired bikes and saw loads of people with children cycling. Might not be your cup of tea though.

We stayed in Petra both times so if you can visit there it would be worth it and Molyvos is very nice. Again nice beach, amazing harbour with fantastic seafood restaurnts and lovely cobbled streets hidden under olive trees. There is also a castle there.

Ooooh I am very jealous now! Wish I was going

Have a fab time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now